~ Chapter 10: Resurrection ~

Lila's POV

"I'm bored!" For the fifteenth time Rose sighed.

We were sitting on the grass, leaning against tree basking in its shade, deep in the forest close to where we encountered the demon last time. Yukio was sitting a little far from us working on his formulas for some assignment. Darius and Octavius were in class, while Orion had a meeting in the city that he had to attend to, while Mason was in his room working on some potions. I could feel the taste of the potion he gave the last time still lingering in my mouth.

"Lila, did you know..."

I was trying hard to pay attention to Rose, but my thoughts were going back to the appearance of the demon the other day.

"Rose." I interrupted her.

She looked up at me with concern. "Yeah, what is it? Are you alright? You seem a bit off today."

"I'm alright, but I was just thinking about why a demon appeared here, in the middle of the forest?"

"Well, they appear just about anywhere. But, since there is a spell barrier around the Campus, they shouldn't have arrived here. I too was surprised when it happened. They usually appear in the Dark Forest. However, there have been quite a few cases of demons sometimes breaking the barrier and entering Campus grounds." She paused and continued. "Is that what's on your mind?"

I nodded.

"Well then, we need to get you out of your thoughts." She got up and dusted off her skirt and cape. "Let's go to the city!" She suggested.

All thoughts of the demon were thrown outside my mind. "The city? You mean Ragnarök?"

She nodded. Pulling my hand in hers she calls out to Yukio. "Yukio baby, let's go to the city."

He floats on a tiny droplet of water and appears next to her within a second. "Not now. It's already evening. What would happen if a monster showed up?" He asked concerned.

That is true.

"Well, you are right!" She looked down sadly.

I don't think I can control my powers well yet either. So, if the incident were to repeat itself, I wouldn't be able to protect myself either.

"Monsters are more active when it gets dark. Also, a curfew was implemented by Law in the city, after the incident. Besides, Lila's mates aren't even here yet." He looked serious about not going into the city.

I blushed at the word 'mates'. I was still not used to the whole concept of soulmates.

But is it that concerning to go alone? It might be. Internally, I did feel conflicted and uncomfortable travelling anywhere without my 'mates'. It was like a magnetic pull that told me to just stay next to them.

Rose's face fell down, along with mine.

"Rose, it's okay. We can just call it a day!" I smiled sadly at her, trying to soothe her. She smiled back at me. "Okay, next time, let's go together." She winked at me.

This girl! She's so funny and weird. I can't believe how close we got to each other within this past week. We were almost inseparable, even the guys whined every time I told them I would be going to Rose's room or hanging out with her. They were like little kids sometimes. Rose also told me that her mates acted the same way. I guess the feeling is mutual in between them.

I watched as the sun set on the horizon, marking dusk.

"It's getting late. We should head back!" Yukio suggested.

We nodded as we used the vortex to teleport back in the academy on the corridor of our floor.

We said our goodbyes and goodnights and soon I found myself walking back to my dorm apartment.