Friends Again

While dancing, I tried to remember where I knew Nash from and then it hit me. Nash was my neighbor and best friend when we were younger. After parents moved, he finally got his braces off and all of a sudden hung out with the cool kids. I think high school really changed him, not just physically, but emotionally. I was analyzing everything he did and I noticed that he was dancing like a 'tough' guy. I finally got the guts to ask if he remembered me and what he replied made me tremble. Nash came closer and whispered in my ear "How could I ever forget someone like you, you are we kept me going through middle school." His answer made me want to finally let loose seeing as he changed, why can't I. After Kim and Michael finished dancing, Kim walked over to the bar where Nash had a variety of alcoholic beverages. I worried for Kim so I told Nash "lets get a drink", when really i just wanted to get closer to her to see if we can atleast limit the amount she drinks. Nash handed me a drink which I refused, Ive never drank anything with alcohol so I wouldn't know how it would affect me. Kim and Michael approached us and kim said "dont be lame, you always back out on everything fun" surprisingly Michael tagged in with Kim and he began to cheer " do it, do it, do it" The peer pressure was too much, I took the shot from Nash's hand and slurped it down. It felt like hell in my throat, but at the same time it felt great. I looked over at the barista and said "one more". Nash, Kim and Michael also ordered another round of shots, but after 3 I was done. I ditched Kim and Michael and went walking around the block with Nash because I needed some air. We talked about the memories as kids, when we played basketball, when we played dress up with our parents, and then Nash brought up something I had forgotten. He said "When we played family and we had a child, that one was my favorite." I didn't know what to say because I had forgotten about this and after that, the conversation was quiet. We got back to his house and saw that a lot of people had left already, so he decided to end it there. He announced that the party was over and if they can help by throwing trash away, that would be great. I looked for Michael and Kim, but they weren't around. "Fuck, they left me" i yelled. Nash walked up to me and said "Can I take you home or call you a cab?" But I couldn't go home my mom couldn't see me drunk. I told him that I was supposed to stay over at kims but they left and he offered me to stay here with him. I accepted and helped him clean and after that I can't quite remember what happened.