Chapter Seven

"Eleanor!" I hear Isaiah's voice, but I can't move. I can't see him either. What's happened? I try to speak, but nothing comes out. Then I see him, the boy. I hear myself scream again, but I'm not sure if I'm actually screaming.

"Eleanor!" Isaiah's voice echoes in my head again. This time I open my eyes and gasp for a breath of air, "Oh thank god, Eleanor. You were out for 15 minutes and I was about to call 911. What happened?"

"Didn't you see him?" I ask terrified.

"See who?" he asks confused.

"The boy with no eyes. The boy who's been haunting me since I've moved here," I put my head in between my legs and take deep breaths.

"I turned to see why you were screaming, but no one was there. I'll drive you home if you want," he offers.

"Please."

•••

He drops me off at my house around 10 o'clock. I get an ear load from my mother about I was supposed to be home at 9 o'clock. I ignore her and head to my room. I'm scared if I sleep I will see the boy. I think who possibly could be the boy. Maybe Levi? No, not possible because he's not as pale. Maybe somebody else at school who has the power to do that, but who?

"And the girl?" I hear a scruffy voice come from behind me. I turn around in shock to see an older man facing me with his back. Then I see the boy with no eyes.
"I'm scaring her. Soon enough she'll be all your to take care of," I see him smirk.
"Have you identified her as an easy or hard target?" he demands.
"She'll be easy because she's weak. She won't be able to live through one mind game of yours," he laughs. His voice is familiar but I can't place it.
"Tell your brother to get closer to her and get more information. I need him to play a part in this or I'll kill both of you like I killed your sister," the boy winces at that.
"Yes sir. I'll inform him, but we may have a problem. I think he's falling in love with her," he says quietly.
"In love with a Saraph? Not allowed! Is there anyway we can stop this?" he scolds.
"I gathered information that Isaiah has made a move on her. I can tell my brother and he'll be devastated."
"Perfect. After this girl I'll spend time mind tricking Isaiah. He'll be a fun one."

The dream dissolves and I find myself crying when I wake up. I check my clock and notice it's ten past eight. I'm late for school. I quickly dress myself and make a quick look in the mirror. My brown hair a mess, I decide to curl it because that takes less time the straightening. Checking the clock again, I decide to do my makeup in the car.

Isaiah sits next to me during first period, "You okay, Hale?"

"Yeah," I fake a smile.

"I know that smile. It's your fake smile," he looks me up and down.

"How?" I look surprised.

"Because I saw your real smile last night," at the thought of last night I blush and look away, "how about you come back tonight?"

"Thanks for the offer, but you have a girlfriend," I mention.

"I broke up with Avery," he says and I drop my pen while I was writing my name.

"Please tell me you're joking. You did not break up with her for me."

"I broke up with her for me because I want to be with you."

•••

"Eleanor Halewood!" I hear Avery scream at me in the hallway. I turn around to face Avery.

"Avery," I find a smile in myself.

"Don't smile at me when I know what you did. I'm smarter than I look. I'm a banshee for god-sake!" she yells at me.

I sigh, "Just because you're a so-called-banshee doesn't mean you have to mention it all the time."

"You don't even know what you are so I don't want to hear it!" she screams at me.

"For your information, I'm a Saraph," she stands there in shock, "what?"

"That's impossible. They're extinct. I would know if one still was living."

"Guess what I'm a living Saraph and you're just a bitchy banshee," I snap.

"Well since you're throwing sass around I guess I just won't warn you what I heard earlier today," she starts to walk away but I grab her wrist.

"What did you hear?" I ask curiously.

"First, we make a deal. You stay away from my boyfriend-"

"He's your ex," I interrupt her.

"Well you still stay away from him you slut. And I'll tell you what I heard now. If you don't stay away from him and I find out then I'll kill you myself," she paused, "I heard that you were going to die. Watch your back."

I stand there speechless as crowds of people walk around me. I can't die I'm a Saraph. Unless that man I saw in my dream is a higher authority. Who was the man?