The Resonλnce Cλscλde

I will eventually add pictures to each part where I see fit to add them. Also sorry about all the whiplashing from person to person, it's basically the only way I could think of doing them all while talking about everything that happens around the same time.

Part 1: That Experiment

The whole story of Half-Life starts with a man on a tram. And no, it's not Gordon Freeman. Barney Calhoun gets on the tram system right before Gordon gets on his tram. When he is at his stop, he could see his best friend Gordon Freeman passing by. The door he is trying to get through is stuck because of a system crash. Once the door opens he goes to the locker room to grab the rest of his uniform and goes to the shooting range to grab his pistol. Once he had gotten his stuff, he is sent to go help a few scientists who are having troubles with a elevator not working.

While Barney got his stuff and headed for the scientists, Gordon left his tram and headed for his locker room. Once there, he put on the HEV (Hazardous EnVironment) suit, a suit that would protect him from the radiation the Anti-Mass Spectrometer would irradiate once activated. He heads over to the Test Chamber while Doctor Isaac Kleiner and his team got the Anti-Mass Spectrometer ready. Dr. Kleiner leads Gordon to the Test Chamber when they see Doctor Eli Vance. Dr. Vance and Dr. Kleiner talk when a scientific device malfunctions and explodes. Dr. Vance talks about how they shouldn't be pushing the Anti-Mass Spectrometer pass it's regular limits, but he ultimately can't do anything. Kleiner instructs Gordon to go to the Test Chamber.

While Gordon was getting his HEV suit and was talking to Kleiner and Vance, Doctors Gina Cross and Collette Green have to re-registered themselves into the Black Mesa systems before they can meet Dr. Keller. This is because of the people working with the Anti-Mass Spectrometer are pushing it pass it's normal and recommended power. They sign back in and make their way to Dr. Keller. They meet Dr. Keller just as Dr. Rosenberg comes out from an elevator. Dr. Keller and Dr. Rosenberg sends Gina to the delivery system, where sample GG-3883 will rise to the main chamber of the Anti-Mass Spectrometer, but there's a problem. The delivery system won't rise. The scientist whose job is to press the button to send the sample up instructs Gina to go into the lower half of the under chamber of the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to see if there's a blockage there. There is in fact a blockage. A crowbar is in the gears. Gina takes it out and carries it to return it after the experiment. Meanwhile, Collete is sent to the upper half of the under chamber. She finds a crowbar on the floor and picks it up.

At the same time, Gordon enters the Anti-Mass Spectrometer's upper chamber, the main one, and the scientists in the the room where Gordon first met with Dr. Kleiner, the control room, start preparing. Gordon presses the button on top of the platform. The machine's beam has been activated.

While they waited for the GG-3883 sample, the whole point of the experiment, Gina and Collette press a few buttons to do start up the machine.

Barney Calhoun had just finished helping the scientists with the elevator and start riding it down. It stops a few times because the power the Anti-Mass Spectrometer is using.

The scientists up in the control room note that the level readings were unusually high, but they brush it off. Sample GG-3883 finally rises and Gordon pushes it into the beam of the Anti-Mass Spectrometer. This causes an excess amount of power and overpowers the machine. The Anti-Mass Spectrometer starts shooting beams of green energy all over the place. One is shot into the window of the control room, killing all the people in that room instantly.

The Anti-Mass Spectrometer starts to create a phenomenon called a Resonance Cascade and blows itself up in the process.

Part 2: The First Invasion

Gordon is knocked out only to reawaken a few moments later to get teleported to a strange place. Xen. As quickly as he had gone there, he was sent back.

While he had been knocked out and was briefly in Xen, Gina and Collette are also knocked out but quickly get back to Dr. Keller and Rosenberg.

Barney's elevator stops with a clear view of a small area. He sees first hand the instant chaos the Resonance Cascade caused. He sees a guard kill a Houndeye, then get ran over. A scientist being chased and killed by a Vortigaunt. Suddenly, his elevator crashes downward, and on impact, kills the scientists in it and knocks Barney out.

Gordon stumbles out of the Test Chamber while Gina, Collette, and Dr. Rosenberg attempt to head straight to the surface. Gordon finds a scientist trying to help a guard, but to no avail. He has to navigate through dangers, such as lasers.

Gordon meets back up with Dr. Eli Vance and Dr. Kleiner, and because of his strong HEV suit, send him to get above ground.

He finds a crowbar. He quickly realized his once fairly safe workplace is now the most dangerous place he could ever be in. He encounters Headcrabs and Headcrab Zombies, people who had been attacked by a Headcrab and been stabbed by their beak, essentially letting the Headcrab control the person while they are still conscious.

Gordon finds a guard who had been killed by a Headcrab Zombie, and takes the guard's 9mm pistol.

Around this time, Gina and Collette would have to go through the Hazard Course to get to the surface, and by this time, they have realized that an alien invasion has begun. Their first quest is to call the military for support.

Barney wakes up and finds a crowbar, having already seen what new creatures will be roaming the facility. He goes through the industrial wastes areas of Black Mesa.

Gordon quickly makes his way through many Zombies, Headcrabs, and Houndeyes and tries to get above ground.

Gina, Collette and Rosenberg make it through the Hazard Course and make it to the surface. They instantly go for the communications building, but the door is locked, so Dr. Rosenberg sends Gina and Collette around the building to find another entrance in and then unlock the front door. When they do, they head up to the communications room, when they realize they need to readjust the satellite dish to get a signal. They do that and send the call for help to the military, not knowing what they planned to do.