Corrupted Dimensions pt.2

A/N

I feel like this is kind of cringe, and this chapter definitely includes non-cannon reactions and interactions (plus a bit of my own extra story line). I'm also really sorry for not posting for a long time. 

Enjoy! :')

...

Jaden fell backwards with a frightened yelp as a tall, bulky figure emerged from the darkness of the foggy mirror. He shivered as the figure chuckled coldly and without humor. The figure stood tall and Jaden looked up as the figure stared down at the boy. Awkwardly sweating, Jaden squinted his eyes as the figure's 'clothes' became visible. They weren't really clothes. It was more like armor. The armor was large, bulky and displayed a range of colours that included metallic gold, purple, black and red. 

Jaden swallowed and crawled backwards like a crab, still facing the tall, intimidating figure. His bottom lip trembled, so the boy bit it out of habit. His expression turned sour as he tasted blood. Jaden stood up groggily, wiping the blood from his mouth, subconsciously scrunching his nose slightly. Surprisingly, Jaden noticed that he was not much shorter than the dark figure. 

The dark figure uttered a confident command.

"Move back out of the shadows, Jaden." It was a distorted, masculine voice which spoke, pausing menacingly before saying his name.

Jaden felt a deep, sinking sense of dread in his stomach. He anxiously stepped back a few times, expecting the figure to reveal himself. The figure stepped out of the shadows in front of the modest mirror. However, he was wearing a helmet. 

"Uh- Who are you?" Jaden's feeble yet demanding voice echoed.

Jaden blinked as a river of what looked like pure darkness wrapped around the figure's left arm. The boy gasped quietly as he saw that there was a creepy duel disk on the figure's left arm where the darkness wrapped around it.

"You're a duelist?.." He asked quietly, guilt weighing on his shoulders.

Dueling was no longer for fun anymore like it used to be. Jaden had broken so many promises, that he was intent on getting his revenge. Revenge on who? Anyone. Everyone. But after the duel with Brron, he realised that he was in the wrong. Revenge was not the answer, but it was the only hope that the boy had of ever feeling himself again.

These thoughts about revenge rampaged through his head, confusing and muddling him.

Why did he want revenge? And for what?

pα1n

No- what was he even thinking? Revenge could never be the answer.

As if having read his mind, the figure slowly began to take off his helmet, speaking as he did so.

"This is where the thought of revenge got me; taking control of armies and destroying everything in my way. It's not so bad unless you die in the process of killing others." The figure muttered, his voice distorted and angry but slightly smug.

The figure opened his eyes as he moved strands of brown hair out of his face, not bothering to wipe the blood from his cheek.

Jaden felt a large lump in his throat as dread filled him like he was a hot air balloon. He was staring at himself with menacing, golden eyes.

"W-what?..." The boy trembled.

"I am known as the Supreme King." Taller Jaden said briskly, the distortion in his voice commanding fear and respect.