Chap1 - Where it all begins

Izuku Midoriya. He is a young boy, aged 4, who lives happily with his loving mother. He has deep forest green eyes with a poof of grassy, mossy green hair that somehow always evades being combed down. He has a loud an confident, yet semi-kind best friend called Katsuki Bakugou, also 4, and they aspire to be heroes together. They met at birth, through their mothers. Now, you will be introduced to the life of our main character, and his journey throughout this book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a warm, shining summers day, a small Izuku woke up. He glanced sleepily at his alarm clock, rubbing his eyes before looking at the time. 

'It's my birthday!' He thought, excited and thrilled. Izuku rushed out of bed, not bothering to put slippers on as he ran into his mothers room.

"Mom, Mom!" He shouted out, jumping onto the bed at he smiled and his eyes shone, "I'm going to get my quirk, then I can be a hero, I'm getting a quirk, wake up!"

Into Midoriya was, gladly so, a very patient woman. 

She smiled at her son, pulling back the sheets and rubbing her eyes. 

"Alright, my hero! You get dressed quickly, then we have to eat our breakfast before going! Isn't Katsuki also going to get his quirk today?" 

Izuku beamed and nodded, before rushing out of the room to put on some decent clothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry, your son won't have a quirk."

Inko looked up, horrified, and Izuku's All Might figurine clattered on the plastered floor. 

"No.... quirk...?" Izuku managed to stutter out, "I can't get a quirk? That's not fair though! Not fair!" 

Izuku burst out crying, hiding his face in his mother's dress, while she just stared, slightly dazed yet coldly at the doctor.

She pursed her lips, looking the doctor up and down before saying, "come on Izuku, let's go home-"

The doctor interrupted.

 "Hang on a second, madam. Your son won't get a quirk yet. You see," he prompted to the screen on his right, now in his hands, as he pointed. "Here is a bone joint in the little finger, quirkless people do not have this, but Izuku here does." 

Izuku stopped tugging on his mother's sleeve, and looked up quickly. 

"The bone is not fully developed, so he will simply be a late bloomer, and judging from the angle of the finger, it will have traces that start to appear in about 3 years time."

Izuku looked up at his mom, tears still flowing freely down his face. Not from sadness, but joy.

"So I can still be a hero, Mom? I just have to wait, and be patient, like a good guy?" 

Inko nodded and smiled, relief painted all over her face.

The doctor just waved them out of the room, having had just about enough of the emotional duo, when outside, Izuku couldn't help but squeal in delight and hug his mother so tight she could hardly breathe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What did you say?"

Katsuki looked at Izuku, before shoving him to the floor in the sandy playground. 

"You don't have a quirk?! Your a weak, useless deku!" 

Izuku looked at his best friend on shock. He hadn't been able to explain, yet Kacchan had already pushing him to the ground. 

Sparks ignited from his palms, and before Katsuki could do any more Izuku got up and ran to his mother, on the verge of crying. Inko guessed there had been a small breakup between the two, and after saying goodbye to Katsuki's mother, left.