sixteen

"I don't know where Kruz is, he ran out of my portable crying like a Kawaii anime girl," Mr riccio responded," but I bet I know where he is."

"where Mr riccio?" Gabe asked.

"in the cafeteria, he loves to stuff his face when he's feeling emo." Mr riccio replied.

CJ stood up trying to hold back the tears his chest puffing out," I'm going to look for him," he struggled to say," alone."

"you can't go alone," Max interjected," it's too dangerous."

cj looked at max in confusion, sniffling, "why is it dangerous?" gabe furrowed his eyebrows as he watched max get out of his seat and walk towards where cj, mr burnham, and mr riccio were all standing in the front of the classroom.

"since today is the annual school sleepover day, the animatronics will be out soon since it's 11pm. if they catch you, you're dead, bro," max placed his hand on cj's shoulder, looking into his eyes with sincerity. "we can't have you die, cj. you're an important part of our class, no matter what kruz thinks of you, you'll always be important to us. that's why we can't have you dying, and gabe might take kruz from you because he is one of the five creators of the animatronics, so they are programmed to not attack him."

max whispered the last part to cj because he made a promise to gabe and the four other animatronic creators to not tell anyone, but he cares gravely about cj so he did it anyways.