You're just a friend. [♥] Prologue

So um , this is my second story. I'm still writing my first one but I really thought I should write this too. I had it written like since way back, so I thought I should share it with you all. :)

I hope you enjoy this! :) xx 

***********************************

Prologue:

August 3rd, 2011.

This was it. Today, I was going to express my feelings to him.

I was sitting on our rock, yes, our rock, we come down to the beach almost daily, well, we used to when Kayne came to visit. We had marked it and called it our rock since the first day we sat on it.

Kayne and I had known each other for 6 months, but it felt as if years had passed. We're really close to each other. Best friends. But I started feeling more for him since the last couple of months.

6 months ago, I would have hated Kayne. He's the bad boy player type, and 2 years older than me as well. But it was different now, he had grown so much on me. 

The weather was really cloudy and windy, weather forecast said it would storm today. I didn't mind storms, I loved them actually. People here in Britain craved for the sun, but I enjoyed the rain a lot.

The waves crashed the shore. The sea was wild today, and there weren't a whole lot of people down at the beach either. The sky darkened and roared, the storm was about to start.

I looked to my right and saw Kayne running towards me, his brown hair jumping along with his hoodie. He stopped right in front of me, catching his breath. I smiled at him, scooting over to give him space to sit.

"Hey", He said, as he sat next to me, running ahand through his hair. Something he did often, and something that made my heart scream and get ready to jump out of my chest.

"Hi", I replied, my heart thudding loudly against my chest. "Gosh, its gonna storm soon! What are we doing out here anyways?" He asked, frowning. Kayne hated storms, he thought they were depressing. Well, I guess I have to agree with that.

"I wanted to talk to you about something, Kayne." I mumbled, looking straight at the wild waves. "Well, what is it then? And whatever it is, you could have like called me somewhere else! You know how I feel about sto-" Kayne kept on talking but I cut him off quickly by speaking.

"I'm in love with you", I said quickly, making him stop talking. I turned my head to look at him, while he just stared at me.

"W-what did you just say?" He managed to ask, his voice full of shock and confusion. "I'm in love with you, Kayne" I repeated my words while I looked at my hands, and then back up at his face.

And his face, it was as if he'd seen a ghost. His eyes were wide, his mouth was opened in an 'o' shape as he stared at me.

After a few moments, which felt like hours if you ask me, he straightened up and cleared his throat. "I .. I-I'm sorry. But you're just a friend." He spoke as he got up.

The sky roared again, and heavy rain was pouring down on us.

I stared at him for a second, and he stared back. There was pain in his eyes, and I didn't even want to know what I looked like at the moment. "I have to go .. now. I really am sorry." He said as he turned and ran away.

I sat there on the rock, tears running down my cheeks, mixing with the rain.

My heart had just been pulled out, thrown down on the sand, and stepped on by Kayne Nicholson.

Damn, that's sad.