Chapter 8

My diary.

I'm lying on a bed, I looked under the sheets, I'm in panties with a bandage on my leg. I don't understand, I was outside, Dougie was gone. I got up to board my train and I woke up there.

Have I been kidnapped?

I just opened my eyes again. My hands are clean. They smell of soap. Someone washed me. There is a clean glass with water next to me. As soon as I know more, I'll tell you everything, diary. Say, you must have noticed, I got a new pen, it was on you. Did you see someone put it on you? Is that Dougie? You can't answer me, it's a shame.

A lady came to see me, she looked at me before telling me that she was going to call the police to take me home, also to rest, and that tomorrow they would come and get me. I cried, you know. I asked her why. She told me that I am still a child, that I should not wander the roads alone or with vagabonds, that I could have been attacked.

When I asked where I was, she said in a rehab center. I didn't understand.

When she sat down on the edge of the bed, she said I had to be real, Kate Valentine is not my sister.

Did you hear me yell at her that she was mean?

When she said my sister disappeared this morning, my world came crashing down.

I dreamed of meeting my sister, but I lost it before I met her.

Today everything has changed.

I won't go back, I'm going to disappear too.

My things are on a chair, there are blue pants, they're not mine, but now yes.

You saw? I gritted my teeth and didn't make a sound putting my leg on the ground. But Lord it hurt. I got dressed, I kept the pajamas I had on me, it can be useful. I wasn't really in a room, I feel like they put a bed there. There was a shelf with cotton, so I took a bag. I almost cried like you saw when I found a box of pads. Boys can't understand.

I don't know what this center is, if it's a very serious place, but they didn't even see me leave my room. The next room looked like a refectory room, there is tables like in school, there is a microwave and a fridge. I know it's not good, but I stuffed lunch boxes into my backpack as best I could until it's. I took the newspaper that was on the table, there was a photo of my sister, her new album is coming out today. The woman must have lied, why would she have disappeared?

I went in and out without being seen, as if I had an invisibility cloak. Now I have food and drink. I'm equipped, I even got a sharp knife.

Today is the first day of my new life, again.