Chapter 3 - Last Charter/CANCELLED

[SEASON 8 EPISODE 16]

The next morning I was woken up by my alarm blaring in my ears as I looked at my phone it was 6:30 in the morning I groaned before getting out of bed and getting ready for the day ahead

The next morning I was woken up by my alarm blaring in my ears as I looked at my phone it was 6:30 in the morning I groaned before getting out of bed and getting ready for the day ahead. Once I got ready, I left my cabin and went to find Ash and Francesca "good morning I said as I found them in the crew mess doing Laundry. "Hey Ash is going to do Laundry can you start on the master" Francesca said as she smiled at me "of course I'm just going to grab myself a coffee and I'll get right on it" i said before heading to the coffee machine and getting myself a coffee before heading to the guest master cabin. And began to clean up everywhere and dust everything as I listened to music playing through my phone when I began to think of my family in the UK.

Personal overview
"It's just hard because I'm back home with them and anything could change so quickly, I'm so worried about my family especially my grandma with her age" i said as I felt the tears began to fill my eyes "I'm sorry" I said as I closed my eyes and began to wipe the tears away "I'm ok" I said smiling at them even though I wasn't.

Back to cabin
"Looking good" Francesca said as her head popped around the door "I never really got the chance to speak to you, so how long have you been yatching?" Francesca asked as I continued to clean "3 years" i said which made an impressed expression on her face "and your already cheif stew wow"  Francesca said which made me smile "Thankyou" I said happy which cheered me up "what got you into Yatching?" Francesca asked seeming genuinely curious "I've always loved the idea of travelling the world meeting new people and experiencing new cultures but I never knew where to start until I met captain Lee in newyork" i said trying to hold my secret in mainly because I didn't want to be treat differently if the crew knew that he was my dad.

"Yeah he helped me get into yatching and my first charter season he was my captain" i said "wow" Francesca said "so he's been a big support for you" Francesca asked "definitely" I said as I moved to the next job on my list and began to clean it.

Personal overview
"My dad has definitely been my biggest support when it comes to the yatching industry as well inspiration he's been in the industry for so long" i said "are you thinking of becoming a captain one day" one of the producers asked "I'm not sure but his leadership skill's definitely inspire me" i said with a chuckle "we can't see what life will throw at us but maybe" I replied.

Back to cabin
"Well I'll leave you to it but I'm impressed with your work so far" Francesca said which made me smile "Thankyou" I said as she left the room after finishing up all the rooms I headed to find Ash and Francesca when I heard over the radio" attention all crew, attention all crew I need everyone in the main salon, everybody in the main salon five minutes" captain Lee said which kinda startled everyone however we headed up there anyway and everyone began to sit down before Captain Lee entered.

"What just happened?" Rachel asked as she looked up at Eddie "I don't know" Eddie said sounding confused about what was going on "this definitely isn't normal" I said as I looked at Eddie, Francesca and Rachel "this is out of the norm right" I heard one of the deckhands say "maybe he just wants a chat" James said. "So, we have a situation, our last two groups of charter people have cancelled" Captain Lee said as a shocked expression appeared on everyone faces, "so effectively our season just ended," Captain Lee said, everyone was still in shock "what" I heard Ash say.

I had flew out from to finish the charter and I didn't even get a chance to really work "wow" I said mouth wide open "so you guys make your exit off the boat tomorrow, I'll take care of all the travel arrangements for all of you" Captain Lee said as we all sat there quietly "so we are done, so we will wrap up tonight, let's carry on" Captain Lee said as he stood up from his chair and headed out of the main salon "thanks captain" Ashley said as we all began to stand up "well that was a short charter season for me" i said which made everyone chuckle I was trying to lighten the mood.

"Wow I'm in shock" i said as all the girls headed downstairs "shall we have a little party" Izzy said as we walked down the stairs as we reached the crew mess I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called my mom "hey honey" my mom said as she answered the phone "hey mom, I'm coming home tomorrow" I said which seemed to confused her "why?" My mom asked confused "the last two charter groups cancelled because of COVID" I said seeming disheartened "you didn't even get the chance to work a charter" my mom said "I know" I said "anyway I'm going to get going" i said "ok I love you" my mom said sounding happy. "Love you too bye" i said before ending the call and heading back to my cabin.

And getting changed to spend some time with the crew "well that was insane" i said to Izzy as I sat down on my bed "exactly you literally just arrived and the charter season just ended" Izzy said with a hair tye in her mouth as she was brushing her hair, "I didn't even get to work" I said with a chuckle which made Izzy chuckle. "With covid I think this will be everyone last charter season for a while." I said which made us both pull a sad face at each other. I got changed into a dress and met everyone upstairs and began a night of drinking. "Should we save Eddie" i said sipping my drink "nah leave him to it" Francesca said after a night of drinking everyone headed to bed "well goodnight everyone" I said with a smile "good night darling" Francesca said.

"I think the UK has a 30 day self isolation" i said as I looked up to Izzy's bunk "just like Aus it's insane" i said before me and Izzy began to fall to sleep. The next morning I got up and began to pack before headed up to see my dad "hey" I said as I popped my head around the door "hey honey" Captain Lee said as I walked over to him and hugged him "how you doing?" I asked as I looked at him "still in shock but I need to be back home, what are your plans are you coming back to the states with me or heading back to london" Dad asked. "Im gonna head back to london I need to see if my grandma and the rest of the family is ok" I said feeling sad because with all the lockdowns I didn't know when I would see my dad face to face again.
End Of Chapter 3