Once Upon a Time

The kids all gathered in the palace reading room for story time with Qui-Gon. Omega was excited because tonight, she got to pick out a story to hear for the very first time.

"How will I ever choose?" Omega wondered.

"Just pick any book you like, Omega." Qui-Gon said.

The kids showed her all kinds of books they had.

"One of our favorite kinds of stories to read is fairytales." Gabby said, pulling out a copy of Beauty & the Beast. "This one's my favorite. About a prince who gets turned into a monster and has to make a beautiful girl fall in love with him to break the spell."

"Peter Pan is my favorite." said Lamenta. "Pirates, a magical island where you never have to grow up, and adventures all around."

"What kind of story do you want to hear?" Boba asked his twin.

Omega thought, and she said, "Something with a princess in a tower who gets rescued."

"I think I know just the story." Qui-Gon said, pulling out a book. "Here we are. The story of Rapunzel, a princess with the longest hair in the galaxy."

"When Grandpa reads these stories to us," said Gabby. "Sometimes we imagine we're in the story too. It's a lot of fun."

"Really?" Omega said.

"Yeah. You said you always wanted to be a princess when you were little. We can imagine you're the princess in the story."

Qui-Gon chuckled and said, "Is everyone ready to hear the story?"

"Yes!" the children cheered.

And so, Qui-Gon began the tale...

"This is the tragic tale of a family who lost a child..." Qui-Gon began. "Don't worry, it's not all gruesome like you think. But some parts are sad."