.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙✩ 𝑰𝑰: breakfast with you ✩*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

zia woke up, walking over to tao's door planning to ask him to join pranking esteban. however, the scene in front of her is not what she expected. both men, fully clothed despite sleeping, were in the same bed right next to each other seemingly holding each other in a loving embrace (well, at least tao was). the pillows sprawled out randomly and the sheets in no better condition, one man snoring loudly and the other snoring rather softer than she would've ever imagined, staring out the window. with some known knowledge on the two, she figured that they had a pillow fight or something and fell asleep next to each other, leaving tao to wiggle around in his sleep like always. she was pretty spot on, like usual when it came to those two! all of a sudden, our favourite fluffy green parrot woke up and started screaching freaking the fuck out of esteban and zia who immediately jumped, but calmly waking up tao who proceeded to do a motion for pichu to come over. the bird flew swiftly towards his hands and nuzzled under tao's embrace for a few seconds before squawking. -good morningggg!! breakfast time???? breakfast time??? squawk!- he chirped, leaving tao with a tired smile, filled with raw emotions of care. he yawned, before stretching and looking around the room, suddenly remembering that zia and esteban were actually back, and he wasn't dreaming that they came back. -oh wait... sorry did that startle you..?- soft tiredness filled the naacal's voice as he looked down to the child of the sun who was still stunned. -you think?! yeah oh my god.... that scared the shit out of me....- esteban started to giggle a little, making the other two giggle at how playful the sentence he spoke sounded. -pft- alright now.... one of you guys willing to explain the cuddle scene i walked into this morning?- zia asked non seriously, looking at tao and esteban seem to telepathically try to decide who's going to say it. -well you see, we were talking after you left and ended up getting into a pillow fight, and we got so exhausted we kinda collapsed on tao's bed haha... and he moves when sleeps so im assuming that's what happened?- esteban was the first to speak up, seeming way too embarrassed for such a simple and fun situation. tao, on the other hand seemed still half asleep and like he just wanted to pass out on his bed and sleep for an extra hour, or two... how long has he been up for again? -agh... guys i think im going to go back to bed...- while yawning again, the naacal grabbed the sheets and covered himself, giving a small wave before esteban was pulled off the bed. -c'mon now esteban! we gotta let him sleep.- zia smiled endearingly before grabbing his hand and pulling him out the door, leaving tao alone to drift back off to sleep.

except he couldn't. despite his exhausted state, eyes closed and everything, he thought about everything he should say, everything he could do and everything he shouldn't have done yesterday. yesterday... what the actual fuck was that conversation with esteban? it felt so genuine but it was so short lived. yet again, that is how it usually is with esteban. short lived tears and way, way too much fun. he brought such goodness to his life, like as if he truly was the sun that powered what his ancestors created, not just the "child of the sun". he remembers how shocked he had been when he made a joke about esteban calling the sun down for them and he actually did it, basking the beautiful golden city in light. he hugged him so tight that day because of the overflowing joy of finding a hidden place, ending up filling his book of a bunch of the stuff he researched on his ancestors, details from his quest to find the golden cities and the information he had just found. he also thinks back to ambrosius, like as if he could change something and ambrosius would magically not be a traitor. it wasn't his fault and he was sure he had gotten over that stupid alchemist but sometimes he couldn't help but think that he let his guard down, a wall that was built so masterfully over the years, in a few seconds because of the man's ingenuity. he started to feel bad again, maybe he should just stay in bed for the rest of the day, im sure that the rest could figure it out... but maybe they also couldn't? he cares deeply for them, they stayed with him as they promised. he stayed with him as he promised. they always depended on him, and he needed to help them! so instead of sleeping properly, he rolled out of bed, grabbed his trusty pencil and got to jotting down notes of things to tell them. he would bring it up next time they met, writing down everything they found and theorizing, maybe using his spare time to bring them to patala and talk to indali, maybe just go in a walk in the forest with pichu? only time could tell.