𝘩𝘦𝘳 - (𝙚.𝙨)

Enid Sinclair

Emma is so beautiful.

It wasn't a foreign seeing me observing people for afar. Well, 'admiring' how some — (most) people would say. I never passed on the chance of glancing at such beauty. Yet, whenever I looked at her - there was always this boy next to her, unknowingly ruining the art beside him.

But she didn't seem to mind as her right arm, around his - clinging onto him like a parasite. They can't be- no... But whenever he wasn't there, she wasn't herself. As if he carried her happiness, snug deep into his left pocket. I couldn't figure out why she let him take it. I scoff. She couldn't be that stupid. I was entirely wrong. I couldn't fathom why a sweet, witty, and bright woman would let any man have so much power over her.

yet there she was.

Careless as ever, sitting alongside her friend, Yoko, ranting to her about his absence. It's been months since I've seen her in this state of 'bliss' and such happened when she first started hanging out with Ajax a month ago. Still all chatty as ever, and rather clueless yet her conspicuous obsession truly stood out whenever Ajax wasn't around. She basically idolized him, but not in a weird way.

"I can't believe we're partners." I sighed. "Oh, that Herbology project with Ms.Thornhill?" I looked over at Bianca, who was admiring her new acrylics. "Aren't you excited though? Cuz' you have that huge obsession with Enid." She adds. I elbow her, "Don't be so loud!" I look around the the people whom we managed to catch their attention, giving us concerned looks. "You're being immature. You're acting like this is some middle school crush —which I hope isn't." She rolls her eyes.

"Anyways, how do you plan on 'mother-ing' the plant?" She asks, "Well, Enid and I agreed on taking care of the plant in her room. I wouldn't want you to embarrass me now that we're 'finally engaging conversation.'" She laughed at my response, "Understandable yet offensive." She jokes. "Xavier and I agreed on scheduled dates, where he has it on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. And I: the remaining days." She explained, "Ahh! So basically the whole joint-custody bullshit. Is it bad that I feel sympathy for a plant?" I joke. She pushes me. "Ow!" I hold my hand on my chest, looking very offended. "Your temper is very versatile for a divorced single-mom." I add. Another shove seemed to satisfy her. "Okok! I apolgize...jeez." I laugh. "Ok, I gotta go." Bianca suppresses her laugh, covering her mouth. She starts standing up. When shes a few feet away, "Invite me to the second wedding!" I shout loudly, causing a few people to look at me weirdly. Bianca being Bianca, she flips me off.

I look back at Enid, who's now alone. I already felt my nerves start to calm down. I noticed Yoko had already left for choir practice, which left Enid no one to talk to.

I look at the time. 4:27 PM. It's almost time to water the 'Blazing Chrysanthemum' or the 'Lilinius Chrysanthemus Chronus' (fake name). I couldn't really enter Enid's dorm without her permission, obviously. So I had to approach her. I grab my book bag and make my way to Enid, who seemed a little gloomy for someone who's always cheery. "Why so Blue? It's very bizarre seeing a person like you have such color painted on their face." I hope to lighten her mood up. I was very successful. "Y/N!" She immediately jumps up, perking her ears. "I'm guessing you're here to water 'Lily' with me — I was just about to." Before I could respond to the fact that she named our plant 'Lily' she grabs her bag and my forearm with her. I almost get caught off guard by the sudden contact.

As she practically drags me to her dorm, I take a moment to admire her hair bouncing at her fast pace, her polished nails encasing the hairs on my arm, unknowingly giving me goosebumps under my blazer. She occasionally yelled 'sorry's!' and 'excuse me's!' here and there, but surprisingly we managed to get to Ophelia Hall safely. After walking up a few flights of stairs, we finally enter her shared dorm.