Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"No Naina, you are just over-thinking. You are over whelmed. Just take a deep breath. Breath" I told myself as I walked the halls of KMA back to my room. I could feel the cadets returning from the party, looking at me and wondering why I argued with Veer the first day he returned, and why I was talking to myself, but to be honest their stares were the least of my issue.

I opened the door to my room and walked inside to find Pooja sitting on her bed, playing on her phone. When she heard the door she put her phone away and asked me where I was.

"Nothing, I was just sitting at the Mess, thinking if this plan will work." I lied, but I could tell she could lie to me.

"Naina everyone at this academy knows how bad of a liar you are, so tell me what is wrong." She said.

"Nothing, seriously. I am just insecure about the plan." I said, avoiding eye contact as the look she was giving me could have torn anyone in half, but she knew better. She knew that I am not a very open person, and that I need my space, but she also knows that I will eventually tell her as my stomach cannot hold anything in. I walked to my dresser and picked up a hair brush. Coming through the tangles of my hair I asked Pooja: "Pooja do you ever think that someone is not how they are?" She gave a weird look.

"Naina, stop giving me miss calls, and tell me the real deal." She said, clearly irritated.

"Do you ever get that feeling that someone is not who they promise to be?" I said turning around to face her.

"Naina you should know this by now. Most people in this world carry around a fake SIM card. Look at Lala for an example. In front of everyone he is so nice, but she can change his color this quick" She said snapping her fingers to demonstrate how quickly.

"No pooja, not like that, not like being a fake person. What I mean is that, like, when you are close to someone, you know them, so well that you can even recognize their feel, but all of a sudden it is not like that. It is the same person, but your feelings.....You know what this is stupid. Just forget it, forget we even had this conversation" I said and walked toward the door, made sure the door was closed, turned the lights of and went to my bed and laid down. Pooja also with a very confused expression, went and slept. That night I could not sleep.

------------------------- ON THE OTHER SIDE OF KMA­­------------------------

Lala was sitting on the chair of the guest room he was staying in, with a glass of wine in his hands. He was bothered by the thought that Rajveer took his side over his pervious Cadet. The question "Doesn't Raj know my truth" Kept circling his mind. He could still not get rid of the hate he saw for Naina in those dark eyes of his 'son'. He once could believe that Naina, Raj and those stupid cadets were planning something, and all that was just an act, but deep down he knew, what he saw in Raj's eyes could not be an act. Lost in his thought he didn't hear someone walking in his room until that person snapped his fingers in front of Lala's face.

"Raj, what are you doing her" Lala asked surprised, seeing Raj in his room. Raj comfortably sat down on the chair facing lala. He point to the bottle of wine and said "May I" Lala was too shocked to answer, so Raj poured himself a class of wine and took a sip.

"Raj, when did you start drinking" Lala asked, coming out of trance. Hearing his question, Raj busted out laughing.

"What is so funny Raj? Please share the joke with me."

"You, you also think I am raj" Rajveer said in-between his laughs.

Seeing the shocked looked on Lala's face, he stopped laughing, took another sip of the wine, and said "I thought you were smarter than that. You are disappointing me Lala. Just think about it, Rajveer knew all of your evil deeds, so why would he ever support you"