Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Have to admit cadet, you really did pay close attention in Raj's class. At lease more than my class." Capt. Abhimanyu teased and the entire room, once again, laughed as I blushed.

"Looks like the time has come for me to rise from the dead" Rajveer sir said and winked at me.

 A day has passed scene we found out that stupid, idiotic, self-fish, self-centered Lala was Eagle. Just thinking about people like Lala makes my blood boil. I knew Lala was dangerous, and could do anything to get what he wanted, but I could have never guessed he would drop this low. How can anyone turn their back on their own land? On the land that gave them life, and happiness. How could he promise, in front of an entire country, to protect that country's defense, but take advantage of the loopholes in the country's defense?

Anyways, right now all the cadets, including me, are standing at the main hall. We got a message a few minutes ago, telling us to report to the main hall as Maj. Nair had some important announcement. We have been standing here for about 5 mins, but as usual Maj. Nair is late, so all the cadets are talking to each other. Everyone except me as I am too busy thinking about Lala and his dark deeds.

"Attention Cadets" came the deep voice of Suriji. Immediately all faculty and cadets stopped talking and turned to the front. Major Nair came forward and stood behind the podium,

"At ease. Cadets it has come to my attention that all you are worried by the announcement made by defense minister Lala Gehlot. I believe that he is a good minister who wants nothing but good for our country, but responsibility of this academy and the responsibility of our academic performance is in my hands. I think that this announcement as shaken this academy as the Cadets are not performing well, therefore I have convinced Minister Gehlot to come to the academy itself to check the academy. He said that if he is impressed with all Cadets' performance than he will not close KMA. Minister Gehlot will be arriving tomorrow evening and staying for about 2 weeks. I want all of you to perform well. Any questions?" Maj Nair said leaving everyone in the room thinking "One more chance", except me, because I was thinking about something else. I raised my hands.

"Yes Cadet Singh" Maj. Nair said, looking irritated, which brought a smile to my face.

 "Sir I have a question"

"I gathered that from your raised hand" He shot back with such hateful voice, that half of the hall flinched.

"Sir, I was wondering if we could throw a small arty for Gehlot sir." I said

"Cadet when I told you to impress him, I didn't mean for you to butter hum" Maj. Nair said with surprise in his voice.

"Sir we are going to have to work hard for the next week or two, so this will also be a way for us to relax as well."

"Sir let them." Abhimanyu sir said from behind Maj. Nair, but he was giving me a look that said 'Cadet you better know what you are saying'

"Sir. I think it is a good idea" Dr. Shalini's voice said, but her tone was saying 'Why am I supporting this'

"This better not come in the way of your training" Maj. Nair said defeated and left.

"Cadet you better have a good reason for doing this" Abhimanyu sir said.

 We are in Capt. Abhimanyu's cabin planning for the 'party'. I somehow convinced Maj. Nair to give the responsibility to the six of us.

"Sir Victim is coming to us, without having to do anything. I thought we should not let this opportunity go." I said with confidence.