Epilogue

Epilogue

3 weeks later at Naina's graduation

KMA was filled with joy, as it was the last day for the 2nd year cadets. The academy was also flooded with people as the cadet's parents were also there.

At the current time, all the 2nd year cadets were standing at the main all. They all had a look of pride in their eyes, that no one could miss, but there was someone else in the room who was more proud than the cadets and it was non other than Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat. He stood at the corner of the room with the rest of parents. He made small and friendly chats with the parents of his favorite 6, especially Naina's, as they waited for BC to arrive. Their wait was not long. Couple of minutes later Suriji announced that Bc was there and all officers stood in attention.

"At ease, officers" BC said in his deep voice. "Today we are gathered here to celebrate the success of KMA batch of 2008. To be honest, I never had much faith in them, as they were the rowdiest group KMA and very hard to handle, but throughout the journey they proved that they are more than capable to be a Procter of our country. They had achieved some thing in this academy, that most officers wouldn't have been able to do. They saved a senior's life...multiple times, they exposed one of the greatest informers of our country and they helped the army fix their mistake of calling a patriot and traitor." This caused a big applause to form around the room. BC raised his hands and everyone calmed down.

"Though all of our cadets were exceptional, one stood out the most, and today that cadet will be winning the prestigious sword of Honor. This particular cadet had proven them self to be worthy of the sword. The cadet's focus, determination, and courage has left everyone in KMA in awe. I know that you all know who I am talking about, so ladies and gentlemen give a warm welcome to KMA batch of 2008's best cadet, Lt. Naina singh Ahluwalia." A thunder of claps was heard around the room as Naina went up the stage to revive her sword and certificates. BC pointed her to the mike to say something.

"Two years I came to KMA with a mission...a mission to prove my brother innocent. At that time I was also except the support of my parents, but that all changed when I entered this academy. I have made friendships and relationships that will last a life life, and this time I would like to thank all of them. Huda, Pooja, Ali, Yudi, and Alekh, there is no way I Could have made it this far without you all." Naina said and looked directly at Rajveer's eyes. "I would especially like to thank my brother's best friend, my mentor and my biggest support system...Capt. Rajveer. sir truly and honestly, I would not have been able to complete my mission without you. Naveen bhaiya' picture is in the wall of fame due to your support. Thank you" By the time Naina's eyes were wet as were Rajveer's and Naina's mom. She got off the stage.

"Cadets, you are now officers of this country. You will no longer report to KMA, rather you will report to your senior at your posting. We wish you all the best for the future. At this time you may leave and prepare for tonight's graduation ball. Dissmiss" BC left followed by Suriji. All cadets left to meet their family and Naina did the same.

" Naina today, you have given us the opportunity to live to respect once agin. I cannot express just how proud we are of you" Naina dad said as he kissed her forehead. Naina turned to hug her mother while Naina's dad turned to Raj. "Captain Rajveer , we will never be able to thank you enough for all you have done." Naina Dad said. Raj looked at Naina's dad.

"Sir what ever I did was because of my friendship and my promise to Naveen, but if you knew what I have done, you would not be thanking me." Raj said looking down embarrassed. Suddenly he felt a comforting had on his shoulder. He looked up to see Naina's mom looking at him.

"Raj we know you were the one that shot Naveen. Naina informed us a long time ago, but I want you to know we are not angry. We were...but not anymore." She said and Raj looked at Naina, and she just gave a positive nod. Raj was about to say something, but Naina's mom interrupted. "Let me finish son. We saw the way Naveen was treated, and it killed us to see him like that. Death was the only thing he wished for, but those people wouldn't even give him that. You were their with Naveen at his last moments, when we all couldn't be there. Raj, you proved to be the Naveen's best friend you you shot him for his happiness without wanting to" Rajveer was speechless. He just stood there with tears in his eyes. Naina mom wiped her own tears and said "and even if we hadn't forgiven you, seeing the amount of support and love you have for our daughter, we would definitely change our mind."