chapter 17.

"When I confronted Jungkook about you, he told me that his mom killed your father. But he didn't know that I knew that already, too." Jimin starts, and the whole room is silent, and Yoongi listens with precise attention.

"When I came back to Korea and got to know about that, Mr. Mins mysteriously died all of a sudden, and my dad couldn't sit still. He knew something was wrong. How could his best friend just die so suddenly? So he started to search for evidence of what really happened." He takes a deep breath and looks at Yoongi's sad expression.

"He made a search team and ordered them to search for his best friend and get any kind of hint. But they didn't find anything sadly." Jimin says somberly, looking at their entwined hands.

"But one day when I was roaming around the forest, I found someone badly injured and cuts and bruises all over their body. Their clothes were all torn, and it barely covered their body." He lets out a shaky breath at the memory.

"They held a knife in their hand to maybe protect themselves. They looked so weak and thin. He looked almost lifeless."

"I don't know,  I just felt the urge to help them, so I went near them carefully and asked them to come with me. But when I saw who it was I was so shocked, I couldn't think what was happening." Jimin says, the sight of Mr. Min plays still in front of his eyes.

"I quickly helped him. He was unconscious, and I took him back to my palace. I told the doctors to treat him, and after a few days, he regained consciousness. He told me everything about what happened to him." He looks at Mr. Min and he just sadly smiles at him.

"How do you think I found you that easily in the forest?" He asks now, looking at Yoongi, who looked dumbfounded.

"Your dad fought with death and won. When your stepmom stabbed him, he lost consciousness because of the loss of blood, and she thought that he had died."

"But he wasn't dead, and he escaped from there. When I found him he told me everything and asked me to keep an eye on you. That's why I got engaged to Jungkook so that I could get closer and find proof against them. And keep a better watch on you." He tells Yoongi, who was crying.

"And when you escaped, I was quick to find you and took you to my palace. But when Jungkook came to my palace, I got a little scared, but I couldn't show that. And when you got kidnapped, I made sure that he admitted the truth." Jimin wipes Yoongi's tears, which kept falling.

"I hide Mr. Min at my other palace and told him about your kidnapping and all that. And after so much struggle, we finally found you." He says, hugging Yoongi tightly as if he will disappear again.

"We finally found you, son. You are safe now. I'm here. They won't do anything now. We'll be happy now." It's Mr. Min, who speaks now after listening to Jimin telling Yoongi all the truth.

As soon as he finished saying that, Yoongi's stepmom stood up suddenly. Who was quiet all this time holding her son's body while listening to them.

She pointed the gun her son was holding a moment ago, at his dad, and yelled,

"You all will die! You killed my son. I won't leave you all alone!!"

Without any thought, Yoongi quickly got out of Jimin's arms and stood in front of his dad, then a loud *bang* was heard.

And the next thing they knew, Yoongi was laying on the floor covered in his blood. Jimin was so shocked he couldn't move. Yoongi's dad was stunned, too. He couldn't comprehend for a second what just happened.

●●●●

What do you guys think will happen now? Do you think Yoongi will die? Let me know what you think in the comments. This book is going to be ending soon, like 1 or 2 chapters more left. I hope you like this chapter. Thanks for reading.

And a self-promo, hehe, but I published that poetry book that I asked you about. If you are interested you can find it on my profile!!