Flashbacks ( TW )

Bella came to your house the next day as they did the inspection, you all sat awkwardly in the living room waiting for the inspectors to be finished.
Robin came down the stairs. " Nice place." She said, nodding her head.
" Thanks."
" You should take today off, some work such as Bella's psychology sessions can be done at home."
" Thank you, Robin." You said.
" See you." Robin waved goodbye and the inspectors left.

Bella rested her head on your shoulder.
" Bella, is this all you brought?" Miranda asked, picking up Bella's little princess bag.
Bella nodded ans Miranda gave her a smile. " Would you like to see your room?" She asked.
Bella nodded again and took Miranda's hand, walking up the stairs as you followed behind.

" Well, Bella, this is your room." Miranda said with a smile, her smile grew when she saw Bella's cheerful face.
" Really?" Bella asked, looking at you.
You nodded and guided her inside. " These are the little things I wanted to give you yesterday." You showed her the items on the desk and Bella picked up the colouring in book, flipping through the pages excitedly.
" Thank you." Bella hugged you and then Miranda, looking up at you both.
" We're so excited to have you—" Miranda got interrupted by Bella.
" What if I have nightmares and wake you up?" She asked.
" Don't worry about that, we'll be right by your side. If you need us were right down the hall." You responded.
" You sleep in the same bed?"
Miranda giggled and nodded, making you laugh.
" Um-yeah, yeah we do. Miranda is my girlfriend." You responded shortly.
" That's cool." Bella said.
" Yeah, it is. Listen, how about some snacks?" Miranda asked. Bella smiled brightly and held up her arms for Miranda to pick her up.

Miranda lifted Bella into her arms, hiding her head in the crook of Miranda's neck.
Miranda shot you a glance, smiling happily, you kissed her cheek and you went back downstairs. 
Of course, Miranda went for the pretzels, opening the packet and sitting down next door to Bella.
" When will I go back home?" Bella asked.
" When you're ready." You said.
" I don't want to ever be ready."
Miranda pulled Bella in for a hug, pulling her on to her lap.
" Your mother will miss you." Miranda reasoned.
" No, I always crumple her cigarettes." Bella said, Miranda shot you a glance because you did the same thing and you smiled, sitting next door to them.

By the early evening, Bella was ready to go for a bath.
" Okay, so you know where everything is?" Miranda asked as she got Bella ready for the bath.
Bella nodded, standing awkwardly outside the bathroom before speaking up.
" Um-I, when— can you keep the door a bit open?" She asked.
" Okay, and if you need our help, just call." Miranda smiled.
Bella nodded and Miranda exited the bathroom, leaving the door a tad open before returning to you in the bedroom.

Miranda pulled you in for a sudden hug,
" Thank you for this, y/n." She whispered.
" Andy—"
" You don't know how happy I am, even if it's temporary."
You pulled away from her and smiled warmly. Suddenly, you heard Bella call you and you departed from Miranda, slowly opening the door to the bathroom.
" Bella?" You walked in to see Bella with a towel draped over her shoulders.
" I-um, I can't stop seeing it." Bella admitted.
" Seeing what?" You asked softly with concern.
" The-it normally happens at night. I remember small things." Bella responded in a hushed tone, not wanting to speak normally because the bathroom echoed.
" Okay, let's get you dressed and you can bath in the morning. We can head downstairs and I can make you something nice. If you want to talk about it I'm here, Miranda is here too." You said.
" Thank you."

" Bella, may I help you get dressed, we need to attend to your wounds."
Bella nodded and took a step closer to you as you helped her into her pants. The wounds primarily occupied her back and you brought her to the bedroom, sitting her on the bed and taking out the first aid kit.
Miranda walked through to the room and smiled at the both of you, seating herself down next to Bella.
" Okay love, this is going to sting so I want you to hold Miranda's hand, okay?"
Bella nodded and softly took Miranda's hand, holding onto it as you applied the ointment to her wounds, she let out a painful hiss, grasping Miranda's hand tighter.
" It'll be over in a second." Miranda said.
And it was, you were packing up the first aid kit in no time as Bella remained in Miranda's arms.

" Would you like to watch a movie? We can sit downstairs, eat something, have some hot chocolate." You suggested.
" I would like that." Bella nodded and you smiled. Miranda picked Bella up and followed you downstairs.

They sat on the couch together as you put together a meal for each of you, along with a mug of hot chocolate with extra marshmallows.
You all sat together in front of the fireplace, eating your food and staring at the flames.
" Um-y/n?" Bella looked to you.
" Mm?"
" I don't-i can't eat anymore." Bella mumbled.
" Are you sure? You didn't eat much." Miranda observed.
" I'm sorry." She said, fear quite evident in her voice.
" It's okay." Miranda frowned with concern at her reaction and gently took all your plates to the kitchen, returning a few moments later.

" If you want to talk about it, we're here." Miranda said, sitting down next to Bella who sat quite isolated between the two of you.
" I don't remember, it just comes in these flashes. Sometimes I see things in the corner of my eye. Things that I don't want to see. " Bella explained shortly, picking at her fingertips.
"What-what things?" You asked with caution.
" A stick, like-oh a whip. I see a whip covered with—" Bella couldn't speak anymore and began to let out small sobs. Her crying grew louder and she flung herself into Miranda's arms. Miranda held Bella, making sure not to hurt her. She looked over to you with a furrowed brow.
" S-sorry I'll s-top. When-when is it over?" Bella cried.
" Oh, you can howl of you want to." Miranda said, hugging Bella tighter .
" And we'll get you through this. We're here for you Bella. You don't have to say sorry, darling. It's not your fault." You assured her.
" Can I go to bed?"
" Of course." Miranda said, getting up and taking Bella to her room.

You tucked her in and turned on the nightlight.
" If you need anything, don't be afraid to call us. We'll be by your side in a second." You smiled.
Bella smiled back. " Could you stay here until I fall asleep?"
" Of course." Miranda said.
You sat in silence as you made sure that Bella had fallen asleep before you and Miranda went back to your room.
" Okay, we'll shower in the morning. We have to go to work tomorrow which means that Bella will be coming with us, but I'm sure Robin can make her office hospitable. " You rambled.
" Y/n, calm down. You need sleep." Miranda said, making you hush.
" Sorry, let's get to bed." You said.
Miranda and you got ready for bed and hopped under the covers. Her arms wrapped around your waist as she pulled you closer to her.
She hummed contently, her angelic face resting soundly near yours and you smiled at her, or rather to yourself.

" I love you, Andy. I love you so much." You whispered.
" I love you too, Y/n, so so much." Miranda mumbled with a small smile.
You kissed her lips gently and she smiled into the kiss, kissing you back.

Thanks for reading. It appears that I add a traumatised child to every single story I write. I apologise but it kind of helps me in a strangely comforting way, just being honest
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I have been super busy and my WiFi was down for a couple of days, love you all <3
I accept requests btw so if you want anything to be added to the sorry or if you have any suggestions, please send them through :)