In Heart ( Tw: homophobia, baby loss)

Okay darlings, I'm actually going to do a time skip in the next chapter because I actually need to research how lesbians can get pregnant lmao, my search history is going to be wild ;) so anyway, here's some fluff, tell me when you want more smut :)

The weekend came along eventually, through tedious days of looking through files of paperwork and a lack of significant cases.
" Ready to go?" Miranda asked, as she began packing up her things at her desk, ready to leave the office.
" Almost, just have to send an email real quick." You said, briskly typing on your keyboard and clicking send, clapping your hands in accomplishment.
" Oh shoot!" You exclaimed.
" What?"
" I forgot my coat in the locker room, wait here, I'll be right back." You said, placing your bag down and jogging to the other part of the office, heading down a flight of stairs.

To your great disappointment, you were met with three of the worst colleagues in the office : Andrew, Don and Leo.
" Hello Miss y/l/n, pleasant day?" Leo asked, standing in front of your locker.
" I'll have you know that you may address me as Detective Hilmarson, now if you will excuse me, I have to get my coat." You responded seriously.
" Was this an arranged marriage?" Andrew asked snarkily.
You chose to attempt to ignore the three idiots and open your locker, shoving past Leo who hovered over you.

" Come on, hang out with us." Andrew said, grabbing your wrist. You tried to tug away but his hold was too strong.
" No, let go of me." You said, trying to fight back.
" We'll help you get back on track, we're really good in the sheets if you know what I mean." Don smirked proudly.

Soon enough, you heard footsteps coming down the steps.
" Darling, are you alr—" Miranda stopped when she saw what was happening.
" Look at your officer, coming to save the day. Hello Hilmarson." Leo said with a sickening smile.
" Come my love." Miranda said, taking hold of your waist and leading you upstairs.

Miranda's grip was firm around you, she walked with you to fetch your bag and walk out the door, not saying a word.
" Miranda?" You looked to her as you headed out the building, meeting the cold breeze of the evening.
" Mm?"
" Are you mad?" You stopped, looking up at her.
" At them, yes." Miranda attempted to feel in her pocket for what could only be a box of cigarettes which were absent from her person.
You took Miranda's hand, looking up at her.
" Andy, it's okay. They're assholes. We'll bring the situation up with Robin on Monday. What they said in there—"
" What did they say?" Miranda interrupted with a growing frown.
" Nothing to bother over. I love you so so much and what they say doesn't matter. They're a trio of brainless shitheads." You said with a small smile, now making Miranda chuckle slightly.
" You're right. I'm sorry, I know this seems somewhat off-putting but I am helplessly possessive over you." Miranda said, running a hand through her hair.
" Don't worry Andy, I feel the same way. Now why don't we get home, drunk some hot chocolate and cuddle?" You suggested.
Miranda nodded and without warning, she pulled you in for a deep kiss, her lips were damp and soft, you could taste the coffee on them which was extremely addictive.

" Let's go." Miranda smiled, breaking apart and taking your hand in hers, leading you to the car.
This time, Miranda drove you both home, humming to the tunes of uplifting Fleetwood Mac melodies and occasionally glancing you a small smile.

Once you both returned home and went for a shower, you met each other downstairs where you made dinner and hot chocolate together.
" Angel, I love you."
" I love you too." Miranda responded.
" Are you still thinking about Bella?" You asked, seating yourself on top of the counter.
Miranda came to stand between your legs, her hands holding your waist gently.
" Yeah, all the time."
" Well, why?" You asked, not wanting to ask the direct question.
" I want something that I don't know if we're both ready for." Miranda whispered.
" Me too." You smiled, making her look at you, excitement glimmering in her eyes.
" I think that we should start considering a new addition to our little family."
You nodded and couldn't help but get emotional, beginning to let go of tears of happiness. Miranda was tearful too, laughing with you.
" We're not even pregnant yet." You said, wrapping both arms around Miranda's neck and pulling her into a hug.
" We'll have our baby, time waits for no one." Miranda responded.
" Mm, we're not getting any younger."
" If we were, that'd be concerning." Miranda said with a small giggle, making you laugh.

While lying in bed together that night, your head lay aupon Miranda's chest, her arms wrapped around you comfortably which provided extra warmth.
" I sold the nursery that I had three months ago." Miranda admitted, breaking the comfortable silence.
" Why?" You moved your eyes to look at her.
" I don't know, it may seem silly but the whole nursery seemed to belong to my Rosa, even though she wasn't —" Miranda stopped herself and stared back up at the ceiling.
" I understand, don't worry Andy. Rosa will always be with you here " you began, patting Miranda's chest area where her heart is. " And we will get a new nursery for our baby, you can decide on a colour cheme and everything."
Miranda held you closer. " Thank you, y/n. No matter what, you always make me feel better even in the darkest if times." She smiled, kissing the top of your head.
" I want you to be happy Miranda, and I really want to be the one to give you that happiness because it is such an honour." You whispered.
" I love you, I love you, I love you. I wish you happiness too. For the rest of my life I will ensure that happiness finds you, in whatever way I can."
" You're so romantic, I love you too." You smiled, Miranda smiled back.

" Good night, babe." Miranda said.
" Night night, Andy, see you when the sun comes up."
" How do you know the sun will come out tomorrow?" Miranda asked.
" The weather app. It's going to be a beautiful sunrise." You chuckled, Miranda laughed too and you kissed her cheek.