11am

The sun was warm and inviting as it shined in the garden and the laughter of children running around and playing could be heard. There was a flower garden and a few small trees that were planted by the children from a few years back.

And I've gotten even younger. I can't be more than 12-13 now, I lost all of my teenage growth spurt and am now in the 4' range. I'm still supervising the kids but I'm becoming more and more worried about what's happening to me. To everyone else I've always been this age, and I'm the only one who seems to notice that I'm getting smaller!

I pause and shudder at a thought. When will it stop? How young will I get? Will I get so young I poof out of existence? What caused this? And what can I do to reverse it? My mind keeps racing as Jill walks over to talk to me. Jill's in her 30s and has been doing this for a while. I really like her, even if we haven't clicked as much as Gemma and I have yet. I've looked up to her and how amazing she is with the children, and now I guess I'm literally looking up at her. She's much taller now, by which I mean I'm much shorter.

"Aren't the flowers just beautiful? They're really coming in this year! Do you like gardening Kinley?"

I smile and look up at her,

"I've never really tried, do you take care of them?"

"I like to think we all take care of them, but when nobody's looking I'll make sure to give them a little extra love" she winked at me, and I smiled back at her.

Jill and I talked for a bit longer, and I noticed that her questions were more open ended than usual, trying to get me talking with her. I couldn't help but feel she's treating me more and more like a kid. But I guess that's what I am to her now? That gave me an idea...

"Jill, you're going to think I'm crazy, but I'm getting younger! I'm 20 years old but something happened and now I'm turning into a kid!"

Jill paused for a moment with a puzzled look on her face.

"I don't understand what you mean, Kinley. You're 12 and have been for as long as I've known you. Is everything OK?" she replied back softly. It sounded like she had genuine concern for me.

"But I'm NOT TWELVE! I'm 20! Why don't you believe me!" I started to tear up as I got worked out.

"Aww sweetie, I'm sorry to make you upset. I don't know what kind of game this is, but if you want to pretend you're 20 I can pretend with you." I could detect a condescending tone in her voice as she told me.

"Thanks Jill" I quietly responded.

"It's almost time for us to head inside for lunch, I'm sure a 20-year old would have no problem helping lead the kids back inside to get ready, right Kinley?"

I smiled back at her and nodded my head, walking toward the groups of children playing outside. I looked at how much bigger they seemed now compared to this morning, I'm not even double their height anymore! I haven't looked in a mirror in a while and I'm terrified to see how young I've become.

Then an idea popped into my head, one that might solve this problem and get me back to my proper age!