3pm

We all sat down at our meal tables and Tina brought some snacks for each of us. They were mini doughnuts! Or I guess full sized donuts for me, they were as big as a real one! It just dawned on me that I was sitting in the kids chair and it felt normal. I even noticed I was sitting beside Harper and Nate who were happily eating their doughnut. I was maybe a head taller than them now, I'm still older but getting closer to being their age. Guess I'm still getting younger. I didn't let that bother me and grabbed a doughnut and happily ate it. Being a kid has its perks!

I caught another whiff of a much needed diaper change, and I've really never noticed just how frequently they use them. Usually I'd be wandering for checks or playing with them one on one, and the other staff would notice as well, but now I'm right in the middle of it. And they're blissfully ignorant of it, their focus is rightly on the doughnuts.

After the doughnuts were gone, Jill and Gemma came around taking the kids for changing, and Tina cleaned up the plates and we went off to play with the toys again. I used to love Lego blocks as a kid so I grabbed a bunch of Duplo blocks and began stacking them together. I wonder if I could stack them to make a secret hiding spot? They're pretty big and I'm hiding spot sized now.

As I continued to build my hiding spot, a few kids wandered over and started grabbing the blocks to build their own towers. It was a bit annoying, but it's important to teach them to learn to share, so I tore down my structure and started helping them with theirs. They seemed to like the help and we had fun building towers together.

Once the staff had finished cleaning up the area, we got called together for circle time. Jill sat at the opposite side of the circle as me and led us all in a round of songs. We sang the wheels on the bus, and if you're happy and you know it, with all the moves and actions to go along with them. Not everyone was good at stamping their feet, some looked more like kicks, but everyone seemed to be having fun!

After the songs, Gemma came over and read us all the story of Goldilocks and the three bears, everyone laughed when she made the voices of the different bears.

Once circle time was over, it was time for free time again! I realized that in all the commotion of the day that it had been a while since I used the washroom. I stood up and began walking over, past the staff washroom and into the kids washroom.