Chapter 2: The Fairy King

(Chapter 6 and under are all part of the backstory. Chapter 7: Liones would be when we start meeting Helbram so if you want to skip these that's fine there just an fyi kind of thing. Also, you can pick basically everything for the character, but she has to have white hair and under 5'3.)

Is this the Fairy Kings Forest? I walk towards a heavily charred tree placing my hand onto it. What happened here? The forest is completely burned down.

"You wouldn't happen to know what happened here by any chance?" A voice from behind startles me, I quickly turn around to see a boy, he looks familiar, I don't know if I completely recognize him. Upon seeing my face his eyes widen, does he recognize me? So, I do know him? "Are you Y/n?" That pillow looks like...

"Are you King?" His expression seems like he's confused on how he's feeling.

"Yeah, why are you here? You must only be 10, so, does that mean Hendrickson's here as well?"

"Do I remember you wrong? I know I was little but..."

"Oh! Fairies can transform," a puff of smoke surrounds him as he turns into the big fluffy guy I remember "See, still me, honestly I'm shocked you remember me at all you were only 4 back then." When I saw this face, I felt overwhelmed and the next thing I know I'm crying and, in his arms. "H-Hey you're okay, why are you crying?"

"I missed you so much! They wouldn't stop fighting, I couldn't make them stop!" I feel my body collapse to the ground, he turned back into the small form of himself, holding me, rubbing my back.

"Who wouldn't stop fighting?" He feels so warm and I'm tired.

"Mama and dad, I know it was my fault, but no matter how hard I tried they wouldn't stop."

"Oh, your parents were fighting, is that why you're out here by yourself?"

"N-no." I bury my face into his chest, I can't stop crying, why can't I stop? I haven't cried in years.

"Huh? I don't understand."

"I don't remember when they started fighting but when I was 6, I got really sick and fell asleep for a few days and when I woke up, I wasn't in Liones anymore and daddy wasn't with us either."

"Yeah, that happens sometimes, people can think they're in love but, after a long enough time they realize they were wrong, it's not your fault, it just happens sometimes." He starts brushing his fingers through my hair, it's calming.

"But I heard them talking about me while they were fighting."

"Well, uh..." He pauses for a moment. "When people fall out of love, they normally don't want anything to do with each other but if they have a kid, it's harder to do that." He doesn't seem like he knows what he's trying to say. "So, if they were talking about you, they probably didn't mean it was your fault they were fighting but more so that they were worried about what would happen to you if they split up."

"But if she cared about how I felt then why doesn't she act like it?"

"Huh? How does she act?'

"She ignores me, even when I started trying to do my best again, she didn't care when I cleaned everything or if I made her something. She didn't even care when I told her about how mean Caleb is."

"Caleb?"

"A guy who's with her like daddy was, but he's really mean to me." I've calmed down, I finally stopped crying but, I don't want to let his shirt go, I feel safe like this, I haven't felt safe in so long.

"Is that why you're here?"

"Mhm." I sit back and rub my eyes. "I couldn't handle them anymore; I know how to fight and how to make and get food, so I'll be fine by myself!"

"Well, you're still a little young to be alone so how about you stay with me?" I could feel my face light up.

"Really!?"

"Y-yeah, it doesn't sound like taking you back to your mother is a good idea and right now everyone in Liones hates the sins and I can't just leave you by yourself." A smile infected my face as I went forward and hugged him really tightly.

"Can I? Can I really stay with you?"

"Yeah of course you can." I feel so warm inside, I remember feeling like this when I was really little. I can't stop smiling now. "Hey if you don't mind can we go check the forest? I don't know what happened to it and it is my fault for not protecting it, but I should go see if there is anyone still here."

"Uh-huh." We both stand, and he gives me a warm smile before using his pillow to pick me up. He starts flying through the forest with me shortly behind him, even though he said he wanted to check the forest he seems to only be focused on a really big burnt tree in the middle.

Once we get to it, he hastily looks around. He looks really panicked.

"Elaine!" He yells for someone whom I've never heard of must be a fairy friend of his but, I don't see anyone. Suddenly he stops, he stares at the ground for a moment before picking something up. "T-the fountain..." I get off his pillow and start walking towards him. "WHO COULD'VE DONE THIS!?" He yells out as he falls to his knees. I ran over and sat down beside him. "DAMNIT!" He hunches over and slams his arms into the ground as he starts crying. I hugged him muffling his crying with my shoulder.

"It'll be okay." He doesn't say anything back he's just crying. He cried for a while before he stopped and leaned back, he looks kind of angry.

"Ban...The fox sin of greed, Undead Ban. It was him. He stole the fountain of youth, that's why he's immortal, he must've killed her. So, that's his sin, that bastered I'll kill him!" His fist clinch up and his breathing sharpens.

"Revenge won't make you feel any better." He turns his gaze back to me.

"It wouldn't be revenge it would be avenge." I tilt my head to the side.

"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind."

"He needs to pay for what he's done to her!" Tears are still streaming down his face but he's quiet. Suddenly he stands up and walks off a little.

"Maybe we should leave here?" I stand up and he doesn't react. "I'm getting hungry, can we leave? I don't think there's any fruits left here." He turns his head towards me and sighs.

"Y-yeah, you're right, I'm sorry let's go.

Few Hours' Time Skip (Brought to you by Hendy)

We're sitting down in front of a fire, eating some fruits King found, they're really tasty.

"How come you went to the Fairy Kings Forest instead of going to Liones to find your dad?" King asks as he looks up from his food, I don't really want to answer him, so I look away from him towards the ground. I can hear him sigh, "you don't think he'll hate you, do you?" I slowly nod. "I may not know what exactly happened during those two years, but I know before then if anyone even accidentally made you sad or hurt you, he'd get pretty mad about it, even threating the sins before because Ban made you cry once. I can't even imagine how upset he is right now because your mom took you from him. I bet the day he sees you again is the day you'll see a Holy Knight cry." I look up to see Kings warm closed eye smile. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

"Earlier you said something about everyone hating the sins, why? Did you guys do something wrong?" He seems surprised by my question.

"Oh, you don't know? Well, I guess that explains why you aren't acting different." I'm confused. "Well, we had just gotten back from a mission, and we were heading to go report to Grandmaster Zaratras but when we got into the room, he was dead." King takes a deep breath and sets his now empty 'plate' of food on the ground. "We happened to be at the wrong place in the wrong time, everyone thinks we murdered him and betrayed the kingdom." He looks up at me with a painful smile. "Doesn't really matter though since the sins had to split up because of it so, there really isn't anything to do about it." He gets up and stretches before taking my 'plate' and setting it with his, he also adds a few sticks to the fire.

"They won't listen to you guys?" King shakes his head. "Why not?"

"They wouldn't give us a chance to and now all the new generation holy knights are out to collect the bounties on our heads, asking questions isn't a part of their training." I tilt my head to the side confused before a soft smile takes his face. "Well, it's getting dark, I think it's time for bed."