Are You All Children???

{Funny situation}

   This is just a concept that came to me, how funny it would be if Eggman had no idea that Sonic and his friends weren't adults and he just found out in the middle of a battle 🤣

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Another day, another battle with Sonic and his annoying friends. Eggman growled as the hedgehog curled into a ball and spin dashed his lastest creation, a supersonic racecar that was supposed to be able to finally outpace him. Emphasis on "supposed to". Stupid hedgehog.

   Sonic chuckled as he ran a gloved hand along the debris of the car. "Gotta admit, it was pretty cool, Egghead. Can't wait til next year when I can get my license and drive one of these things. Legally, I mean."

   Next year? Wait. That would mean...

   Eggman slammed the brakes on his hovercraft. "Hold up. How old are you?"

   Sonic stared at him. "... Fifteen."

   Fifteen? FIFTEEN! He'd been battling (and being defeated) by a teenager?

   But wait, wasn't Tails younger than him? That made... Eggman glanced at Tails. "Then you're...?"

   Tails paused where he'd been sitting atop a downed robot, reprograming it to fight on their side. "Eight. Almost nine."

   A literal eight-year-old was the one hacking into all his robots and computers?

   "Are all of you CHILDREN?"

   The whole battlefield grew silent. Everyone stared at each other sheepishly. Finally Shadow raised his hand. "I'm almost 60."

   Eggman rolled his eyes, although no one could see behind his glasses. "You were in cryosleep for 50 of those years. I know, I woke you."

   "So you're... ten?" Sonic stared at Shadow incredulously. "Wait, you mean I'm older than you?" He fell backwards laughing.

   "I was created fully grown!" Shadow shouted at him.

   "I don't think that's how it works," Tails mumbled, drawing calculations in the dirt.

   Getting off topic. Eggman massaged his forehead. "Where are your parents?"

   Again, everyone looked around awkwardly, except Tails, who shyly pointed at Sonic. Sonic grinned.

   "You mean to tell me you're all orphans?"

   Knuckles held up one fist dramatically. "I am the last warrior of the Echidna Tribe--"

   "Yeah, yeah." Eggman motioned to Sonic, then Amy. They both shrugged. Eggman groaned.

   "I killed my father."

   Everyone turned to stare at Shadow. He lowered his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

   Sonic blinked. "Oh, the alien." He chuckled. "For a second I thought you meant..."

   "No, he was executed for war crimes."

   "Yeah, creating you."

   Shadow glared at him. "Thank you so much for that, Sonic."

   Eggman stared at all of them. This was absolutely insane. He pulled out his phone. "I'm calling Social Services."