The Talk

{Funny; Knuxouge content (sort of)}

Since Shadow is the closest thing Rouge has to a brother, it's his job to give Knuckles the "treat her right" talk. But it might not go the way you'd expect...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   A bright light flashed across Angel Island. Knuckles ran towards the disturbance. In a clearing not far from the Master Emerald's platform stood a familiar black hedgehog. "Hello, Echidna."

   Knuckles crossed his arms. "What are you doing here, Shadow?" He glanced back at the Master Emerald in concern. "This better not some sort of distraction so Bat Girl can steal my emerald!"

   "Don't get your hopes up. She's not here." Shadow smirked slightly. "Although, she is why I came to talk to you."

   "How so?"

   Shadow motioned. "Walk with me."

   "I'd rather not," Knuckles said. Who knew what sort of game Shadow was playing. He wanted to stay close to the Master Emerald.

   "Suit yourself. You probably couldn't keep up with me anyway."

   Of all the conceited--! Knuckles would pound his face in--

   Nope. He would control himself.  Knuckles took a deep breath. Maybe those anger management classes Amy was making him go to were paying off. "What do you want, Shadow?"

   Shadow sighed. "Well, since you and Rouge have been getting... closer... I figured it was time you and I had a talk. Man to man."

   "Oh?" Knuckles straightened his shoulders. So this was going to be one of those talks.

   "Since I'm essentially the closest male relative Rouge has, I figured it was my place to warn you what would happen if you ever do anything to harm her."

   Knuckles smirked. "I know, I know, you'll do to me and worse anything I do to her."  

   "What? No." Shadow burst into laughter. "You think she needs me to protect her? No, if you hurt her, she will personally come after you, beat you to a pulp, and rip you to pieces."

   "Um..."

   "I will stomp on the pieces when she's done, though." Shadow lowered his eyebrows.

   Knuckles wasn't really sure what to say to that.

   Shadow smirked. "Consider yourself warned." He pulled out a Chaos Emerald. "Chaos Control!"