Sometimes You Just Gotta Prank Your Arch-Nemesis

{Funny, Boom!Sonic}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonic burst into Eggman's lair. "I've got you now, Egg--"

   "Shh!" hissed Cubot and Orbot. "The boss is sleeping."

   Sure enough, ol' Egghead himself was sprawled out on his couch, snoring up a storm.

   "He's been having trouble sleeping lately, so he created a sleeping potion," Orbot explained. "Worked like a charm. He's been out all day."

   "So... no battle today?" Sonic asked.
   "I don't think so," Orbot said.

   Sonic tapped his foot. What was he going to do with himself all day?

   He stared at Eggman, who looked so peaceful and relaxed. And vulnerable. His mustache all big and fluffy and ridiculous, and right within reach...

   Sonic had a wonderfully mischievous idea.

   "Why don't you two go for a little walk?" he asked the two hench-bots.

   Orbot narrowed his eyes at him. "I'd rather not..."

   "We can't walk! We don't even have feet!" Cubot chimed in.

   Sonic grinned and leaned in towards Orbot. "There's a couple spare cans of oil at Tails's workshop," he said in a singsong voice.

   Orbot's eyes started to glow (literally). "Come to think of it, my circuits could do with a little fresh air. Come along, Cubot."

   "...Okay?" Cubot followed him.

   Orbot stopped at the door and looked back at Sonic. "You're not going to do anything... harmful... right?"

   "Relax!" Sonic waved his hand. "I'm not gonna hurt Eggface."

   "Alright then..." The two robots left.

   Sonic turned to Eggman, who was still sound asleep. This was a glorious opportunity. He was going to make the most of it.

   He dashed around the lair until he found a pair of scissors, and then walked back to Eggman, because even he knew not to run with scissors. He chuckled as he stepped over to the couch. "Just a trim today, sir?" he whispered in a funny, fake-sophisticated accent. "Or perhaps... a close shave!"

   He carefully reached out and held one side of Eggman's mustache, flinching a little when Eggman grunted and shifted in his sleep. But he continued his loud snoring. Sonic put the scissors up right under his nose, and after a spilt second of hesitation, snipped.

   The clump of hair came off in his hand. Sonic had to cover his mouth to muffle his laughter. "Oh my gosh I actually did it!" He snipped off the other side too, leaving a very short, very uneven, very not-Eggman mustache.

   A masterpiece. A brilliant work of hair-trimming. But one thing was missing...

   Sonic dashed to the store and grabbed a thing of hair dye. Blue, because obviously blue was the superior hair color. And Eggy would never live down matching Sonic's color.

   Sonic was back in the lair in mere seconds. It was even funnier seeing Eggman's mustache again. Sonic wouldn't have even recognized him if he didn't know.

   Sonic pulled out the dye. He threw out the instructions because come on, instructions were for wimps, and opted to go ahead and pour the dye directly onto what was left of Eggman's mustache.

   Everything was blue. Eggman's mustache, Eggman's nose, Eggman's cheeks, Sonic's gloves, Sonic's shoes where he spilled some dye on them. He might've gotten some on his quills, too, but he couldn't tell.

   Eggman made a noise and moved again. Sonic grabbed the clumps of hair and dashed off before Eggman could wake up.

   Not long after, a loud, goat-like scream echoed from Eggman's lair.