𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 CHAPTER-1

Deborah made her way to Rachel's place just about time. Rachel was a punctualist who did not like to be late. Deborah, on the other hand never bothered. She was a person who saw life as something that comes only once and should be enjoyed fully without worrying about the future. She just wanted to live in the present, carefree. 

"Hey thank God, you're on time. All the bags are here. We have about 2 hours for the departure, how about we grab something to eat in the Subway on the way?", Rachel asked excitedly. 
"Oh, I would love to! Plus, I have not really eaten anything you know, I did not want to be late and get scolded by you", Deborah teased Rachel. 
"Shut up Deborah!", Rachel said playfully. She called in for a cab while Deborah had gone to the restroom. Rachel got a text message from the airline:
"We are happy you chose to fly with us. Kindly fill in these details and complete your online check-in! Walk into the airport hassle-free and directly climb up the flight!"
Rachel thought it was best to finish the check-in right then, and did so. The cab had just arrived and both of them got in. They were extremely looking forward to this trip and thought nothing could go wrong. 

Both of them ate in the subway and reached the airport. They climbed the plane- "BS209488". They were greeted with a cheerful welcome by the lovely-looking air hostesses and found their way to their seats, J6 and J8. Both of them made themselves comfortable, and just then the pilot got in the microphone-
"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for choosing FlyAir. We will be landing in Santorini in 11 hours, preferably." The way he said preferably sounded like he was making fun of something, or someone and it did not sound positive. A couple of passengers were worried about this tone, but it was too insignificant to some others. However, being in Santorini, one of the most beautiful islands was exciting to all of them. All the passengers were heading on a vacation and were extremely excited about their journey. The entire flight was talking and laughing and ordering food and asking about the local cuisine of their native countries. Suddenly, all of them were surprisingly mingling with one another. Soon, the flight got quiet and most of them slept. 

This was the time, the pilot could accomplish his mission. 

Deborah, from the beginning, had a very unusual feeling about the pilot and the crew and it was not a good feeling. She could sense that something is wrong, hence, decided to investigate. Her friend, Shawn, was Air-traffic police who worked at the airport. She decided to drop him a message, and she was lucky because FlyAir offered WiFi services to their passengers. 
"Hey, Shawn. Listen, I needed help. Could you please tell me where the plane BS209488 flying from New York to Santorini exactly is? That would be really helpful. Thanks!". She clicked on the send button. She was anxiously waiting for him to reply back. After about 25 minutes, she got a notification from Shawn. 
"Deborah, we cannot find that flight on the radar. I just got a call from the Manager. Are you on that flight? Is everything okay?"
Deborah panicked. She knew there was something wrong. She typed:
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT IS NOT SEEN ON THE RADAR?! HOW CAN THIS BE POSSIBLE? And yes, I am on the plane. Rachel is too."
Shawn immediately replied, "I think there is something wrong Deborah. We are sending rescue planes. The only problem is, we have no idea where to send them. You can help though- just look down the window and tell me what you see. We have not spotted the aircraft for roughly about 40-45 minutes and might get an idea if you help us out here."
She looked down the window. Some dim lights were seen in the black sky. It was as if some festival was going on. She sent him the message. 
Shawn replied, "Okay. Thanks for the help. Rescue planes are on their way. Please remain in touch and keep your phone on vibrate."
She sent him an affirmation. She was scared. 

All of a sudden, the plane took a veering turn and flew swiftly. Deborah looked down the window. Those lights were no longer visible. She immediately opened the phone to text Shawn. "Hey, Shawn. Those lights are not visible any more. I think the pilot shifted his direction. The plane is moving really quickly. Can you do something, Shawn? I am panicking", she clicked on the send button. But, the message wouldn't deliver. IT WAS NOT GETTING SENT! The WiFi was switched off, on purpose. The pilot knew someone was using the WiFi. She couldn't use her cellular data, it wouldn't work high up in the sky! She knew - they were all in trouble.