𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 CHAPTER-3

There were indistinct chatters all way across the hall. People were terrified and apprehensive about the entire situation.  

A person, whose name was Johann, claimed that it is wise that they accept this game and finished it so they would be out of this dungeon and return to their houses. People thought Johann's idea was better than all the others suggested. So they started to make their teams. They divided themselves into 2 groups, black and white. The real question now was, who would be the king on either side? Because only one of the 2 kings could go out after a checkmate was done. 

Julio, a Spanish traveller, to this dismay, suggested that they form an internal competition themselves. Whoever wins, gets to be the king. Subsequently, those who come 2nd get to be the next king for the next game and so on. People agreed to follow this methodology. The game was a little complex, to accommodate every person's talents. The game was followed in 4 stages, with the 1st stage being running, 2nd stage being intelligence, 3rd stage being creativity and the 4th stage being eating. The 1st stage involved running to gather all the ingredients, the 2nd stage was applying Mathematical knowledge and finding the measurements for the food to be prepared, the 3rd stage involved actually preparing the dish and the 4th stage involved eating the dish. The dish had to be mass-made. This idea was then proposed to the robotic lady, and she gave out all the necessary items to fulfil the task. The Creativity stage, unlike the other stages, had to be voted by the others. One could not vote for their own dish. The total number of votes at the end given to each person for their creativity in presenting the dish would be used to calculate the final time. Each vote meant 1 less minute of the total minutes used to finish the task. Whoever finishes the task, earliest would get to be the king. 

Rachel wondered about how only 21 people were there in this dungeon. Where were the others? They were trapped, and she wanted to know who trapped only these people in this whole thing. Why were the others rescued? Nothing made sense. 

The competition was fierce. People fought their way enthusiastically and finished the competition. The results were announced by the robotic lady:
1st game: Black king: Johann, White king: Kelly
2nd game: Black king: Mike, White king: Surabhi
3rd game: Black king: Imran, White king: Shelly
4th game: Black king: Christi, White king: Alan
5th game: Black king: Rahul, White king: Zaid

The remaining just had to be the other pieces in the game. In the end, 16 of them would still be stuck in the dungeon. There was nothing that could be done. How were they going to come out? This was a mystery, instantly solved by the robotic lady. Apparently, they could not come out and would die there. She just said that, in her same monotonous voice. People were fretful.