Chp-1

Author's Pov

Freya opened the curtains of his room before smiling at the place being fully tidy, she had developed this stubborn habit of cleaning his room every day, settling his stuff, and maintaining his wardrobe. She didn't want anything to look abandoned when he would return to his homeland.

Leonard had spent a decade in a strange country with no one at his aid, she wanted him to feel at home and wanted him to see how she took care of everything like her own. Soon her head snapped to the door finding her aunt smiling at her.

"Freya, are you done here?" She nodded her head letting out a sigh of contentment when her aunt patted her head like a mother.

"You know you don't have to do this every day, we have servants for this." Freya smiled shyly.

"I just like doing his work." Her aunt Sofia chuckled staring at her blushing daughter with a teasing smile.

"My son is really lucky," She exclaimed proudly caressing Freya's flushed cheek.

"I wish your uncle had given you permission to talk with him but no worries just one week more then you both will have a whole life to talk." Freya smiled assuring her.

"I know aunt and I am not even worried about that," She informed the tensed woman before they both decided to resume their work.

Freya sighed lowly when she remembered Evan, she promised to meet him at the cafe today but seems like she had to create a little distance between them from now on, her uncle never demanded much from her but whenever he asked her to follow something it always proved to be favorable for her. So she decided to discuss this with Evan and made him understand her position.

She had seen Ajax, her uncle being extremely possessive of his wife, sometimes her aunt even had to hold him closer to assure him that she was his and belonged to him whenever any other man tried interacting with her. She had heard the depth of possessiveness this family's men held for their spouses and sometimes this much obsessive behavior dreaded Freya.

She just prayed for Leo to be a little understanding and not be worst than his father, sometimes she also wished to talk with him, share her life and tell him about how much she loves him for over a decade but her uncle had forbidden her in clear words that he didn't want Leonard to have any distraction from his studies.

He did permit her to talk to Leonard a year ago when he passed his high studies and started handling Steve's overseas business enterprises Freya happily tried contacting him but to her disappointment, her uncle said Leonard was extremely busy with his life and if he got any time to contact her he would do it himself.

She waited and waited for his call, text, or even a mention of her in his verbal interviews but no, nothing. A year skipped but she got not even a single piece of news from his side. Leonard never did video interviews or appeared in any magazines instead he kept his identity hidden and all his interviews were in a written form yet she couldn't help but stalk him.

Freya had no social media account that's why she only stalked him through magazines, she wasn't allowed to contact any outside people. Her phone didn't even have a Facebook feature as her uncle didn't like this stuff. She was only allowed to use the phone for call or message purposes but it never bothered her or felt suffocating to her.

She was used to this and the addition to it she herself never liked trying to browse anything on social media. She liked staying out of trouble and living in her own small peaceful space, she had only three purposes in life,

To make her uncle and aunt happy no matter what she had to do for that.

To follow her God's teaching and pray regularly.