Crappy flat

Stuart drove us to crawly. "So how was studio life?" he looked at me. I just looked out the window finding comfort in the situation. "Shit." is all I said. "Makes sense." he put his eyes back on the road. He had some david bowie songs on shuffle and that reminded me. "I've got to meet Mr. Bowie once," I said. Stuart looked at me. "What! Not fair." I giggle. "Yeah across a couple of studios, he was acting in a movie. The labyrinth I do recall." I say turning towards him. "Man you lucky gal."

After our drive, back to crawly Stuart took me to this apartment complex. "Norms flat is on the 3rd floor door 124." He handed me a pair of keys. "He is at the shop right now but said that his umm office area I think is cleaned out and there is a mattress in it." Stuart smiled at me. "I'll be out for a bit but you and I should go to dinner to catch up." He said. I closed the door and waved him goodbye. He drove off.

I walked up the stairs. This place is a bit rubbish and the norm must be cheap. Some carpets were ripped, wallpaper was coming off and there were some mysterious stains on the floor. "HEADS!" duck down as I saw one of those toy arrows coming at me. "What the" I turn around to see a little boy holding a toy bow behind his back and pointing at his friend. I laughed. "Man that was almost a head shot thanks for the heads up." The boys laughed, ran past me and grabbed the arrow. Just then a drunken man came out of his flat yelling at the kids. "Why dont cha play somewhere else hooligans!" he yelled. He turned towards me and leaned on the doorway. "What's a pretty girl like you doing here all by herself." He said, looking at me up and down. I fumbled the door knob to the flat. "Hey! I'm talking to ya." He said it was getting spicy. I opened the door, looked at him and said "leave me be." I noted to him then shutting it.

Norm's flat was looking very good. CDs were on the walls, a guitar and a picture signed by a person that I do not know. His carpet was nice. There were maybe one or two alcoholic stains and the kitchen had some bottles stung all over but the dishes were done. I walked into the office area and yep it was clean but yet there was still a computer and some records laying around. The bed had a pillow sheet and a thin blanket and a note. 'So you're Regan sorry i could not be there Stuart said he would help ya settle in.' I thought about it. Nah Stuart just ditched me. 'Dont worry your secret is safe with me but this is the deal i take 50% of your paycheck because you are living with me. You make 10$ an hour.' Then I thought again, well technically 5 an hour. 'Anyways I'll be home in 2 hours. -norm'

I layed on the bed thinking just wondering what imma do. I still had my band hair and I was not gonna wear a mask and sunglasses. My new phone rang. "Yellow?" i say. Stuart said dinner was canceled but his mom wanted to see me so we will be going to his place. "Is that good?" He asked. "Mind if we stop by the store also how good you are at dyeing hair." I asked. Stuart paused. "Eh never tried." "Good you're gonna today!'' I hung up. Getting excited. I get to see Rachel again and maybe david. There are such nice people. I got to unpacking my clothes and put them in the closet that was surprisingly cleaned out except for a guitar. I put on some jeans, boots and a gray sweater crop top. I went down to the parking lot and made sure I had cash. I knocked on the window he was spacing off. I opened the door and he greeted me with a smile. "Oh my taxi driver, you were quick." i say. "My young lady mind if i ask where yer going?" he said jokingly. "The store starts." I got a blank face. He was shocked. "Nah im just playing but srsly take me to the store."

We went to the supermarket and I instantly went to the hair dye. Luckily my hair was nicely blond and I'm not gonna bleach it. I saw some brown, some yellow, then I saw it. "How about pink!" i say. Stuart stood behind me. "Eh its your hair.'' I grabbed it. Stuart wanted to get some snacks so we could watch Day of the Dead together at his moms place. I got some fun dips. "Aint ya too old for those?" he asked. "Listen here mr. Are you too old? I'm pretty sure you got one of those gum yoyos?" I say. "Touche." We went up to the checkout line before I got a drink of orange juice. "I'll pay." I say. "For your things I'm paying for my own."

Stuart and I watched Day of the Dead while also reading the directions for the hair dye. "Have you ever tried to dye your hair back to brown?" I asked. "Nah i like my blue." He says handing me the dye. I Mixed it for a good 5 minutes before it was pink. He grabbed tinfoil and started at my roots. We watched the movie. I watched Stuart enjoy the gore. Granted it was creepy but since I've been on sets for horror movies it did not bother me. "Okay leave it in and then go in the shower to rinse it out and condition it." He said. 30 minutes have passed. He was now playing a gameboy while I was playing around with his keyboards. "Imma go rinse this out." i say. "Okay see ya soon." I walked into the bathroom and turned on the faucet and put my head under it. I thought for a bit about what I would do now. I can still work with Stu but I do need to meet new people. I got done and dried off my hair.

"What do ya think?" I say. "Dang i did good for my first time." He said getting up from the gameboy. "Anyways, Chase is holding a party at his place. He said he was happy for you to be back." I thought maybe it would be nice to see old and new faces. "Let's do it." I say. He smiled.