Fourty-Five: An End is a new Beginning

May 17th, 7.45 pm, friday.

Xiao looks at Venti, watching as he gets dressed, and Xiao sighs softly, "You okay?"

Venti walks over, gently touching his arm, "Yeah, yeah I'm just, tired from today. Morax has us practicing nonstop."

Venti hums, "Yeahh, work for me too." He sighs, resting his head on Xiao's shoulder, "Hey, atleast you're not exhausted all the time and working over night." He says softly, and makes Venti stand up straight, and he fixes the buttons on his shirt.

Venti hums, "Yeah, I guess. Still trying to get back into a healthy sleeping schedule." Venti admits, and Xiao nods, "I know." He fixes Venti's hair. Its pitch black now after these few months, he hasnt dyed it back to the teal on the fronts yet.

Venti touches his face softly, smiling, "You're beautiful."Xiao laughs softly, and kisses him, "Hurry and get dressed all the way." He teases, and Venti groans, "Fiiiinee."

~

After the two had dressed, Xiao volunteered to drive. The past few months he has gotten better at it.

The drive is calm, Venti humming to the music. "So, when is your next street performance?" Xiao asks, and Venti hums, "Couple days from now."

"Ah, I see. I have a performance this sunday." Xiao rubs his eyes, "We have this new violin player. Kinda-Kinda up in my space, I'm gonna be honest. I know hes new, and wants to learn, but like, I dont think him constantly asking about us is in the learning process." He laughs, and Venti chuckles, "Well, he'll get over it."

Xiao nods.

~

Xiao opens Venti's door for him, looping his arm with his. Venti grins, kissing his cheek softly, "You look nice." Venti murmurs, and Xiao feels his face flush.

Even after all this time he can still fluster Xiao. The restaurant is pretty fancy, not as busy. Especially being friday night.
Xiao opens the restaurant door, and Venti hums softly. He looks around, and a waitress smiles at the two, "You're the?"

"The Yaksha reservations." He speaks, and she nods. "Awesome! Right this way please!"

So they follow behind her, and Xiao smiles as Venti looks around, "Ganyu and I used to come here alot as teens, one of my favorite places, honestly."

"Well, I'm glad that you brought me here."
"Its a special occasion, love, so."

Venti laughs, "Yes, yes, that's right."

~

Dinner was nice, calming. Venti was on a second glass of wine, and Xiao had barely any. Preferring to be the somewhat sober one.
Venti is talking about a new group of teens  of who they're teaching. Recently Venti has taken up to teaching more.
Mostly on his days off, or after work.

Al-Haitham and Tighnari got much better as well.

"I met Kaveh, recently. He's...Eccentric, in a good way." Venti laughs, "Cyno is...Wild. He had the worst puns ever, oh my gods." Xiao laughs, and Venti giggles, "I was thinking once we get settled in, in the house, and everything's unpacked we could, host a dinner? Invite some people over."

"Oh, I'd love that." Xiao agrees, "Awesome! I've been wanting to upgrade my cooking skills." He laughs, "Yeahh. That'd be a good idea." He teases, and Venti rolls his eyes, "Oh, hush, you like my cooking."

"Debatable." He says, and Venti hums, and leans back.

Venti stretches his arms, and he watches as Xiao picks at his own hands, "Nervous?" He asks, "Yeah- I mean you already know I'm gonna do it, its just- maybe you changed your mind."

Venti hums, "Ask than." He says softly, and Xiao laughs softly, "Okay."

He stands up, "Oh? We're doing it formally?" Venti teases, and Xiao kneels onto one knee, pulling a black felt box from his pocket, and inhales softly, "Venti Barbatos will you marry me?" He asks softly, and Venti smiles softly. The restaurant falls silent, and Xiao feels all eyes on the two.

He inhales, "You make me..So very happy. You make me feel safe when I need it, you comfort me when I am not well..You make me feel like I'm loved, and you have helped me through everything. You're someone I didnt think I'd meet, ever. The day you almost hit me with your skateboard is a cherished memory, made me fall head over heels for you. You're so gentle with me, and I just...I'm absolutely in love with you. And I want to marry you...So, will you marry me?" He asks, and Venti nods, "Yes. Yes, I'll marry you, my love." He puts his hands on Xiao's face, and kisses him, "I'd marry you in every life if theres more than one." He says, and Xiao grins, hugging him, and they can hear people clapping, and congratulations going around.

"I love you." Venti kisses him softly, and Xiao puts the ring onto his finger.

It's a black and gold band, and its  beautifully made, and Venti feels his heart swell, "I love you." Xiao whispers, and they smile at eachother. "Get the bill?" He whispers, and he nods.

~

The night is long to the two, Venti and Xiao sharing kisses and touches, mumbles of sweet words to eachother.

The two stay as close as they can, legs entangled, hands holding eachothers as if this was the last night on earth. The last time they'd hold eachother.

"I love you, Alatus."

"I love you, too, Venti."

'*°•.♡The End♡.•°*'

So, I've decided to end this, like...Maybe a sequel in the future if you guys are interested! But for now I think this will be the end of these two in this one.

If you liked this perhaps you'll enjoy my new fic! It's called 'Elysian.' Its a modern/reincarnation (kinda?) au. It is a Xiaoven one! It has A few different ships, but they are the main. And it's very possible its gonna have a sequel to it and a prequel due to my ideas for it! So if you're interested, please check it out! And I hope you enjoyed this. It was a wild ride, honestly. So I hope you guys liked the ride, lol. Thank you and goodbye for now!! <3 🥰🥰

-B.