Ch 1 : The Beginning

Reminders : This book will contain A LOT of swearing, violence and terms that are dark. So, if you can't handle that, then it's alright.

Dedicated to my readers <3

The Bad Boy Turns Into a Cat
(c) June 11,2020
Thegirlwithevilface
Aira_2004

Character : Marco Diaz.

I fucking hate people. And no--I'm not like those woke people or trying to be edgy by hating everyone, but I just do.

What rooted my hatred? Well, it would be the fact that my mother constantly called me a mistake, often beating me up and saying that I shouldn't have been born. My bastard of a father was just as bad and usually came home drunk then would beat me up.

During the earliest years of my life, I've always thought if this was how a family works. Do parents usually beat their up child? Or was mine just the only one? Along the way I believed that I shouldn't be born too.

What was the purpose of living when all I've been reminded of was how much of a curse I was. That I was the reason for their misfortune.

Like fuck, you could have kept those legs closed and case solved. How much did a condom even cost back in the days? Were my bastard parents so broke they couldn't afford one?

When I was eleven, my aunt--mother's sister, caught them in the act that they were beating me up; bruises surrounded around my arms and I was so skinny that my aunt immediately took me in her care.

Apparently, my parents pretended to be the perfectly functional family to other people, but little did they know how evil they were deep down.

They were too late. No one could save me anymore. I'm already trapped in darkness with those words forever etched in my mind. "You're a mistake."

"Marco Diaz! Where are you going?!" the stupid fart screeches, eyes bulging in exasperation.

Everyone's eyes darted on mine, then the chatters gradually grew louder. I smirked, casually leaning on the frame of the door. "What's it to you? Wanna join? I could pick a perfect wig for your bald ass head. Maybe a bird's nest would do."

"Take me with you!" a voice pipes up.

The bald teacher fumes in anger, then angrily jabs his fingers at me. "This is your last warning! I'll make sure to put you in juvenile prison!"

I snorted. "Yeah sure," I turned my back from the whole class, twisted the door open, but before that I gave the old fart one last glance. "---and does that prison have new Playboy magazines? Then sign me up."

I sprinted away, hearing the pathetic threats and screeches by that old fart. I am my own person. No one will tell me what to do. I make my own decisions and paths.

. . .

"May I ask for some spare changes, mister?" a voice mutter. I frown and looked down when I realized a child was reaching it's filthy hands to mine, trying to beg for money.

I sneer, slapping her hand away. "Get lost. Don't have some spare money."

"Mister, at least a nickel," it begged, tugging on my pants. I try to shrug her off, angrily muttering curses as she falls on the ground. "--for my father, please."

"Can't you fucking hear?!" I spat. "--I said I didn't have some spare change. So go bother other people, you annoying brat."

The kid stands up, then wipes her ragged clothing. She eyed me with distaste, then murmurs. "I always try to see the good in people. But you, Marco Diaz, isn't."

I picked around my ears, then pull it out and stared at my pinky finger to see if there's any dirt. I blew a breath. "What? The hell you saying brat?"

"Marco Diaz, from this day forth, you are to be cursed," the brat responded. "---you will turn into a cat by day and a human by night."

"The only way to remove the curse is to have someone fall in love with your wretched attitude," she smiles menacingly. "--and to kiss them."

"Look kid," I bored my dull eyes into her. "---I don't know what the hell are you saying but me into a cat? A curse? Is that what kids are into these days?"

The brat smiles, then grabs my hand without any warning. "Your trial starts now."

And then she vanished into thin air.

My eyes widened; I tried to look anywhere or behind my back to see if that bastard's playing a prank on me. Was I hallucinating? I swear that was real. I mean I even shoved her.

I rubbed my eyes, clearing my vision as she was really gone. Huh, I probably need some sleep.

Wait, my eyes are starting to get droopy. I try to blink them open but it was weighing so heavy that sleep was drawing onto me and I had no choice but to accept it.

Note : I've changed some things from the Prologue. This would be the final plot of the story.