Part 4

"Temporary amnesia isn't uncommon with head injuries, we'll just have to see if she remembers anything. But please, be gentle, don't give her a lot of information at once, ok?" Dr. Schulz explained outside your room.

The doctors had spent all day yesterday, after you had awoken, testing you.

The boys hadn't seen you since you'd asked them the question that had turned their whole world upside down, so they were anxious to go back and try trigger any memories.

Harry seemed to still be in shock, he'd barely said anything since yesterday.

Him, the boys and Dr. Schulz entered your room and the boys sat down on the couch, while the doc stood beside your bed to ask you a few questions.

"Hi, (Y/N), how are we this morning?"

"Well, since I was the one who apparently was in a car accident I'm pretty sure you're better than me, Doc." you grinned at him.

The doctor laughed and nodded. "Stupid question, stupid answer, I get it. Alright, so can I ask you a few not so stupid questions?" you shrugged, then winced, forgetting how much your body was hurting.

"Ok, what is the last thing you remember?" You frowned, trying to think.

"I'm not sure. I think I was home? I don't know."

"No problem, don't strain yourself. Do you know what year it is?"

"2012?"

"Actually, it's 2015. But that's good, that's just three years."

Harry looked down, frowning and playing angrily with his ring.

It wasn't JUST three years, it was the three years that were important for your relationship, the three years in which you'd met and fallen in love. It was frustrating.

"Can you tell me where you are?"

"Well, I thought home, but since you're all speaking English, I'm gonna say England, which mean I must have started my internship already." Dr. Schulz looked questioning at the boys.

When Harry didn't say anything, Liam replied, "She had an internship at Modest! That's how we met her." The doctor nodded and turned back to you.

"(Y/N), do you know who these boys are?" he gestured toward Niall, Liam, Louis and Harry. They all looked at you, hope you shining in their eyes.

You smiled a little. "Of course! They're One Direction!" All their faces fell at once and you didn't understand.

"That's right. You didn't remember them yesterday, so I'd call that progress." Dr. Schulz cheered.

"Actually, I was quite drowsy yesterday and they were pretty blurry, so even if I'd have known who they were, which I'm sure I did, I wouldn't have recognized them." You looked almost apologetic.

"Oh." was all the doctor made, before shrugging it off, "Well, what counts is right now. At least we know that as of right now you only can't remember the last three years, so that's not that bad, I'm sure it will come back to you."

"Excuse me." Harry mumbled and practically ran from the room.

You looked at the remaining boys. "Is he ok?"

"It's just hard for him, love. The past three years with you have been some of the best of his life, if not THE best, so he's gonna need some time to progress the fact that you forgot about those years. Don't worry, he'll come around." Louis assured you.

Your eyes widened. "Wait, are you telling me I'm dating Harry Styles? HOLY SHIT!"