p r o l o g u e

1 0 : 5 0 AM,

1 0 : 5 0 AM,

was what her  wrist watch showed. It was 20 minutes past 10:30 am.

The whether was cool and breezy but she was drenched in sweat. 

"Shit ! I am late." she whispered to herself, as the thuds of her shoes against the concrete became more rushed. It wasn't the first time she had overslept on a Sunday morning and found herself twenty minutes late . And what was the worst aspect of this whole  situation? It was always the same person who had to wait for her . Her friend was a calm and composed man, but she wouldn't be sprinting to her destination if it wasn't for his obsession with punctuality and expecting the others around him to do the same.

The bell ding-donged as she pulled open the door , 'You Could be Mine' by Guns N' Roses rang in her ears. As though he had sensed her presence, she found the black haired boy with golden rimmed glasses, looking in her direction. He was as phlegmatic as ever which was a surprise to her since she expected him to be enraged for arriving so late. Perhaps he had given up on her.

She stood there for a bit, trying to catch her breath, and then walked towards him.

"Sorry-" she started but was cut-off by him, which caught her by surprise.

"It's okay. " His deep voice was serene with no hint of anger whatsoever. He then glanced at the empty vinyl record of Guns n' Roses in his warm ivory palms, for a few seconds before returning his gaze to her. Amaya's flamingo  colored orbs were filled with confusion and astonishment. She swore that she saw a flicker of nervousness on his face and the thought had been verified the moment he spoke. He was indeed nervous!

"Amaya-chan.. I - uh, I have something to tell you." He announced as  his hand slid to the nape of his neck ,rubbing it in embarrassment. Now, that made Amaya cock her eyebrows in curiosity . What exactly was Yuusei about to tell her that made  him  loose his  usual (which was unusual for  the normal standards) composure? 

"What is it?" She inquired as she pushed away her purple coloured bangs from her eyes. 

"I - " Before he could finish the news Amaya was so in anticipation about , Yuusei was interrupted by a man with  loud frivolous voice. The brown haired stranger seemed to be in a banter with someone, which was abruptly stopped as he bumped into Yuusie, staggering backwards before gaining his balance. 

"Sorry." The man said and finally looked up, giving Amaya the opportunity to have a look at his face. Oh, how she wished he hadn't met her gaze. Now it was her turn to stagger backwards whist her breath hitched and her palms began to sweat. She tried to speak but the words were stuck in her throat . The man in front of her had a similar reaction- his  brown eyes  flickered with shock ,  but soon darkened with the fury he bore for her.

It had been four years since they last met, and she had hoped she would never ever meet him again, for she had no courage to open a chapter that so ended with unresolved resentment and dissentious opinions. 

But life was a bitch and her suffering was its source of entertainment.  

So here she was standing only a few inches apart from Dazai Osamu, the man she did not know if she wanted to shoot or give a red rose.

And she was so darn sure that he felt the same.