o n e

A M A Y A 

A year before his last rose

It was a cloudy, grey afternoon. The clouds were thick, ready to pour at any moment, just like the kids in class whose brains couldn't handle another calculation their sensei hurled at them.

A girl sat in the corner of the classroom, her purple hair falling in front of her flamingo coloured eyes. However, she paid no heed to the  visual discomfort as her thoughts about yesterday's evens had grabbed all the attention.

She'd met him, the port mafia's youngest executive. 

It was the last thing she anticipated to happen to her , for there was no way Mori would have let her interact with the astute and viscous guy (or so Mori claimed, but it was funny coming from him) . She had only seen Dazai a few times at Mori's office. Never had they crossed paths otherwise. But yesterday, amid the pitter-patter of the rain , they had exchanged conversations, the kind she never had before.

She understood why the boss of the port Mafia went all his way just to make sure none of them even made eye contact with each other. 

She was simply minding her own business , sitting at the edge of the top most floor of a tall yet old empty building . She was enjoying the colorful city lights that looked blurry but pleasing in the heavy rain. It was supposed to be the biggest mall in Yokohoma, but the construction suddenly stopped, and now its top most floor was her base. The spot was her own little secret (or at least she thought) , a place where she could be herself and take a little breather ( probably scream as well)  before  she continued to conduct the heinous killings commanded by her own uncle,  Mori- that greasy  haired man, (she wished she could beat the shit out of him.)

"Damn, I wish I could just stay like this for a while, but I gotta slit throats... and then do my homework, " Amaya muttered rather loudly. She stood up and wore the black mask and  hood,  only leaving her dangerous and sharp cat shaped eyes exposed to the  wind that whispered in everyone's ears. 

"Well, you could stay like this for the whole night since I took care of everything. " The wind suddenly seemed to  cooe. Although, she doubted the wind would have such a frivolous voice but she got scared ,none the less and jumped like an orange cat yeeting itself off the stairs. 

 "OH FUCK!" she cursed as she caught hold of herself before she could slip and fall to her death. She turned in the direction of the unfamiliar voice only to find a  teenager  with abnormal amount of bandages  that looked slightly wet, staring back at her. He flumped beside her and thus both just sat there with their legs dangling . The last thing Amaya would have expected was to find Dazai sitting beside her and casually telling her that he took care of the job Mori  had personally assigned to  her . Even if Dazai Osamu was an executive,  he was not supposed to know her missions, especially since Mori didn't like the idea of his niece being around other members of the mafia. He was dangerous and lived up to his reputation, that was for sure.