1. Broken Glass

A/n: Thank you for reading this fanfiction!!! I hope you like it! 💖

It has been a long time since Kousei was missing and many of those who loved him were all in the verge of giving up already

It has been a long time since Kousei was missing and many of those who loved him were all in the verge of giving up already. He was now missing for three years, and they've all last seen him in Hiroko's piano school. For the past three years of investigation, they had not found Kousei alive or dead. Many of his family members, including his aunts and uncles hoped he would be found alive and well but since it had been three years, the fear that the child could be dead grew. Even so, if he was dead, they hoped they could at least find his corpse and bury him in a better place.

At that time, Hiroko, and her husband, Isamu, who's also a police investigator were hiking together in a mountainous forest that morning. "It's been three years that Kousei had been missing. Was there in any way that he would be found?"

"The last time he was seen was leaving your piano school," Isamu answered him. "As we look through other CCTVs in our investigation, he was last seen going inside a dark alley and that was when he vanished."

"Vanished?" Hiroko stopped walking. "Was he never able to go home?"

"That house had been empty for weeks until everyone of you became aware that it had been three weeks that Kousei was missing," Isamu replied to her. "It was one month already after the search began when you notified Takahiko who had been working as a company director that his son could not yet be found."

"You know what happened when he arrived in his home in Nerima after he found out that his son with whom he left here in Japan was missing," Hiroko sighed. "He blamed me."

Isamu also stopped talking, and after that, he took her right hand to hold it. "It's getting dark. Let's try again to—"

Hiroko gazed at her husband's brown irises when he stopped talking. "What's wrong?"

"I think I saw something," Isamu answered her while both of them silently walked near an open hole. The hole wasn't that too deep but it was obvious that there was an unconscious person covered in mud near them. "I'll look into it."

Isamu slowly wiped the mud away from the person they found and when he checked the pulse, she was still alive. Both of them don't actually know what to think about the person they found since she looked like a woman due to it that she has long, black hair, a big chest like that of a woman, and she was wearing a red sexy dress but she also doesn't seem to be a straight woman. She wasn't just covered in mud but at the same time, it seemed he had a lot of red, purple, blue and black bruises around his neck, wrists, and ankles. It was also very strange for him since the person they found looked like Kousei. He didn't want to believe that the transgender they found was the missing Kousei.

"Call an ambulance and also, the police back up. This person's a victim of abuse," Isamu ordered her. "The place is also dangerous, Hiroko. His abductors could just be anywhere after they abandoned her here."

Hiroko's legs began trembling and he also began shaking in fear. Soon after that, she began scrambling to get her phone to make a call. After she was finished discussing what they found out to the ambulance and also, with the police, Isamu slowly took her out of the mud she was buried in.

Both of them saw her open her eyes for a while but after a few seconds, she collapsed on Isamu's arm after muttering, "Help me."

"The police had to be here as soon as possible," Isamu said to her. "Her abductors may be chasing her."

"Are we safe here?" Hiroko asked him. "We can't stay for long."

"Don't worry about it," Isamu promised him. "We're safe here. The people who had hurt her won't risk letting themselves seen."

...

Two hours later, the police and the ambulance arrived already. As quick as they could, they cordoned the scene where they found the young, transgender woman. Hiroko chose to go with the ambulance that day, too, and while they were in the vehicle, the nurses gave her some sedatives when they became aware how scared and afraid she was still. Most of all, she could not even breathe well.

"Who are you?" she asked talking while tears began falling down her eyes. After a while, even if she couldn't even breathe well, she began to panic as she sat down on the bed inside the ambulance. Soon after that, the paramedics began to stop her from trying to remove the needle connected on her right hand and jump off the ambulance.

Even so, they weren't able to stop her from screaming in so much fear even while the nurses were holding her and stopping her from moving as she may continue to hurt herself. "Let me go!!! Let me go!!! I don't want to be abused anymore!!! Please don't return me there!!!"

Motto Nanase, one of the paramedics, immediately sedated her and after that, they waited for her to fall asleep before they let her go. Her brown eyes looked at the young transgender with so much pity. "She's not aware she's safe already..."

"Is she...," Hiroko's mouth was opened wide as her voice may be soft and girly already but the voice still sounded as if she had already heard her voice before. She stared at the unconscious victim of abuse again, and her mouth went agape in shock. "How could... how could this be?"

"Did you recognize who she was, ma'am?" Nanase asked her. "We need to know her name."

"I'm afraid that I couldn't answer you, yet," Hiroko told her. "I am still not sure about what came into my mind."

...

At the time they arrived in the hospital, they've immediately brought the woman in the emergency room to take care of her minor injuries. The paramedics were also able to inform the waiting doctors and the police officers waiting as well that the young transgender was in trauma.

Thirty minutes had passed after that, they found out that she didn't just have minor injuries but was bleeding internally when she began to choke on blood and vomit them making the emergency doctor to quickly open her mouth and insert a breathing tube down her throat. She was soon brought into an operating room a few minutes later after Hiroko took her as her responsibility since she was suspecting that they may have had already found Kousei. She signed the documents for her and at the same time, she began waiting to see if the young transgender would survive.

Seto Isami joined her fifteen minutes later. "How's the kid? Is he alright?"

"She's in the operating room," Hiroko told him. "Anyway... Isami... Don't you think he is..."

"It wasn't just me who thought that then," sighed Isami after he sat down on the hospital bench next to her. "I saw her eyes. They were very much like Kousei's. She's covered in mud and bruises when we found her but even if I saw that she was covered in bruises, make up, and strange tattoos, her eyes were something I knew I won't forget."

"She screamed in the ambulance. Her voice were like that of a man acting like a woman already but her voice sounded familiar to me," she lamented. "Don't you think we've already found Kousei?"

"If we do, how can we tell Takahiko that we found his son in that condition?" Isami asked his wife. "You know so well that he overturned the whole Tokyo City and made the whole police force move just for him to find his son! He's also still spending lots of money to keep us searching for him."

"We can't keep the truth to him if it was true we found Kousei as a transgender!" Hiroko reiterated. "It was obvious he became one as he was forced to become a woman."

"We have to be sure first," Isami told her. "Let us be sure that we found Kousei."

...

A/n: It's been a long time that I wanted to make this book! Hope you like it!