The Apology. v2

Jakes POV

As I was thinking about what Drew and the guys were saying, I heard someone behind me shout my name.

"Jake!"

I turned around to see who it was.

"Oh, Hailey..!" I said, walking up to her.

"You alright? You seem kinda down?" She said, putting her hand on her hip.

"Oh..No..I'm uh..I'm fine..!" I replied, faking a smile.

She sighed.

"Jake..We've been friends long enough for you to know that you don't have to hide what you're feeling! You can tell me."

I hesitated.

"I just..Got a really huge reality check just now I guess.." 

"What do you mean?" She asked, with a confused expression.

I sighed.

"It's nothing, really..! We should go ahead and start rehearsals..The competition is tomorrow!" I said, grabbing her hand and leading her into the club room.

I closed the club door behind me and my eyes immediately went to Zander; who was looking at me with an expression that basically said, "I'm gonna fucking kill you." 

Then..I realized why.

I quickly let go of Hailey's hand and laughed awkwardly.

"Calm down sweetie! I'm sure he didn't realize!" Luke said, clearly trying to hold Zander back.

Milly laughed.

"Calm down Zanderr!~ Jake's too hung up on Daisy anyway!" She said, trying to tease me.

But this time, I knew I didn't like Daisy. So it didn't affect me.

"Not really?" I said, looking straight at her.

Suddenly, the whole room paused.

"Are you sick, Jake?" Milly asked.

"No- I'm really not?" 

Luke laughed a little and smiled.

"Don't worry, he's not sick. He just.. realized something."

I blushed a little.

"Luke!" I shouted, still blushing.

Luke smirked evilly but didn't say anything.

"Come on Luke, let the rest of us in on the little secret!" Milly said, chuckling a little.

"No can do buddy! You'll know when the time comes!" Luke said, laughing.

"Well, if you're not gonna let us in on your 'little secret', we need to get to rehearsing now." Zander said, rolling his eyes.

"Actually Zander..Let's wait a bit. Jake has something on his mind, and I don't wanna push him." Hailey interrupted.

Everyone looked at me.

"What is it man?" Sean asked.

"Huh? Oh! It's nothing.." I replied, sitting down at the table in the room.

"That was the most obvious lie I've ever heard, come on Jake!" Milly jumped in.

Everyone sat at the table along with me, waiting for me to speak.

"Well..Uhm...Today I tried to apologize to Drew and the guys..." I said, not looking at them.

"Apologize? What do THEY need an apology for?" Zander scoffed.