Chapter 1

I'm tired.

Dahan dahan kong hinihiwa ang karne na nakahain sa plato ko habang pinapakinggan ang samo't saring ingay nila, the utensils touching the plates and their mouth talking to each other. The dining table is not that long and wide yet I felt too far from all of them.

"Perthran, how was the borderlands?" Asked King Haas Terrington--our father, to Perthran, the Crown Prince, and the eldest child of the Terrington.

"Still no evidence of movements father," Perthran replied.

It may look like I'm dumb from the outside but I know what they're talking about right now.

Hawysia is this small Kingdom's name and beside us is the growing Empire of Kuchendorf. Maliit na emperyo lang sila dati until they began their conquest years ago to their surrounding lands.

And their next stop, Hawysia.

"Dear...the kids might be worried to hear that, you better not talk about something that would scare the kids at the dining table." Queen Catherine said.

"Apologies, my Queen." Malambing niyang tugon sa kanyang asawa.

"We're no longer kids Mother," Perry said. The second older brother.

"Right. We should also know about that. What if I'll get abducted and taken as a hostage? I'm scared mother, father..."

"Patricia don't talk like that, Penelope is here." Saway ni Catherine the great mother of all kay Patricia, the third child and first princess.

"Mom, don't tell me that could happen to us?!" Penelope exclaimed.

"No dear children, we won't let them take away our precious children." Said the Queen.

"They can take Zanelli instead of us," Patricia said mockingly. This b*tch. I wish I could throw this meat at her face. Why do I have to live again just to see these petty things talking trash in front of me?

"Sister Zanelli would do everything to protect me right?" Penelope said while slowly sliding her hands to my wrist.

Napatigil ako sa paghiwa ng karne kahit na kanina ko pa pinanggigigilan ang litid na parte nito na siyang binigay nila sa akin. Kinilabutan ang buo kong katawan sa batang ito and how she acted so innocently though I already can see half of her soul and read what she thinks right now.

I put my utensils down.

Patricia is older than I and Penelope is years younger than us but she's already 17 and a piece of a brat at that.

We are no longer children. How long will I sacrifice myself for them to be good and labeled as happy?

Mapait na napangiti ako. I'm just a shadow when they don't need me and a wall when bullets and arrows were to strike them.

I'm sick of it.

"No, Penelope. I will no longer be protecting you for the King already set me to marry." I stoically said. Trying hard not to blurt it with mockery.

"I'm sad to hear that. Who would protect me if not sister Zanelli..." Penelope said as if she was the saddest sister to hear about the news. She came out of age last month and presented to the people as a lady and princess. She's now considered at her legal age, yet she still acts like a damn child.