Chapter 5

Woah. It's a market.

"Elli! Make haste! Eyes on me or you will be lost." Marsha said.

Para akong nasa dagat ng mga tao, and the waves are all coming through my direction. Now I understand why nobles won't try to come here. This whole place is full of commoners and too crowded. Who would want their skin to touch a commoner's? But that does not matter to me as I am busy huddling myself to these bunches.

Nanlaki ang mata ko sa mangha nang makakita ng isang pirasong baka na nakasabit. It's a dead cow and they're selling its meat.

It's not my first time going to a market like this cause I once tried to run away in the past and live as a commoner waiting for my death, but that place in Hawysia was more benign compared with this place.

It's too crowded na halos hindi na ako makahakbang pasulong.

"Magnanakaw! Hulihin niyo yan!" I sighed. Of course hindi mawawala ang ganitong eksena sa ganitong klase ng lugar.

Napatingin ako sa unahan, nanlaki ang mata ko nang hindi ko na makita si Marsha.

"Urgh!" I lose my footing when suddenly a person barge in at my direction, madali at pilit niyang sinisiksik ang sarili niya pasalubong sa daloy namin.

I expected my butt to be touching the ground, as the place was too crowded someone's chest catches my back.

I look up at the person behind me. His huge palms are now touching both my shoulders.

"Are you fine?" He looked down on me with that voice that was sent directly from heaven. And his face?! Is deadly handsome as hell. In a span of moments, I already traced every inch of his face. His cold eyes of gray that look good with his thick eyebrows, tall nose, and lips made him perfect. Magkaka stiffed neck ata ako sa posisyon ko buti nalang ay marahan na niya akong tinulak at inalalayan ang balikat sa pagtayo, kung hindi ay baka hindi pa ako natatauhan ngayon. Get yourself together Zanelli! I ain't got the time to be with a stranger when I was lost like this.

"S-sorry!" Agad na tumalikod na ako at umaktong walang nangyari. I'm a socially awkward person when it comes to a person like him. I never met such a handsome man in my life, not this life nor my previous ones.

Mas lalo akong nagpanic nang hindi ko na makita ang ulo ni Marsha. No way.

Mabilis na siniksik ko ang sarili sa mga tao, wala na akong pakialam dahil nagpapanic na ako sa kalooblooban ko. Without Marsha I will not be able to go back to the duchy.

Now I understand why there are so many people hovering around after I reach the main road, away from the crowded market.

It's a parade!

There I saw an open carriage, carrying a man and a beautiful maiden. They both are gorgeously glowing, waving to the crowds that wildly cheer for them, throwing them flower petals where did those confetti come from by the way?

"It's just an engagement ceremony, why did they make it like the wedding is over?" Someone bickers beside me.

"Shh! Shut your mouth, what if someone hears you."

"Tsk. These people look so happy for the Crown Prince and that Periwinkle woman, those royals don't even care about these people's stomachs."

"Why are they here anyway, the Imperial capital was too far to be here in Alastor."

Napatingin ako sa dumaan na karwahe. They are giving the woman in that carriage roses and bunches of fresh flowers that she gladly took.

So that is Lemisha Periwinkle. Her beauty glows as if she's a goddess herself. And for a moment I taught the Crown Prince Valerian Kuchendorf and I made an eye contact, muntik ng sumabog ang dibdib ko sa sobrang kaba.