Opposite Attracts ♥ PART 3♥

PART III:

The next day…

Kim added another book to the stack that Mikay is already holding. Sweat trailed down to her temple, Mikay felt the heaviness of the books.

MIKAY: How-How many more, Ate? Kulang paba to? Di ka naman ganito ka studious ah.

She silently hoped that Kim will no longer add more books since she’s already carrying ten thick and hard-bounded books.

KIM: Just three more.

Kim said with a smile.

Instead of complaining, Mikay turned her gaze to another corner of the library so as not to see the huge grin on Kim’s face that would further irritate her. She saw a guy with a hair that falls a few inches before his shoulders

MIKAY: Sya yon ah.! That jerk!

She murmured habang papalapiy sya sa lalaki. She observed that he is wearing a white shirt and he looks innocent, as if he does not have a capacity to hurt someone. He is far from the rude guy who kissed her in the bar. He looks decent now. She hates to admit it but he actually looks intelligent with those glasses on. Crap! She suddenly remembered how he acted in the bar. He kissed her and invited her to sleep with him. With a sudden burst of anger, Mikay threw the books and everything landed on the floor where Kim’s feet is unfortunately positioned.

KIM: Araaaayy! Paa ko Mikaaaaayyy!

Kim who was jumping to ease the pain.

LIBRARIAN: Kunting tahimik lang. Wala kayo sa bahay nyo.

Mikay was brought back to her senses upon seeing her ate covering her mouth, trying not to wince in pain.

MIKAY: I’m sorry Ate! Di ko sinasadya. I saw a jerk over there and it ruined my day

Mikay pointed at the man’s direction. He was sitting in a table with a pile of books in his side. He is currently occupied with the Economics book that he is reading.

MIKAY: Tingnan mo sya Ate.

KIM: Oh! He looks cute! Gwapong lalaki. Crush mo? Go and get him!

Kim pushed Mikay, urging her to flirt with the guy.

MIKAY: Stop it Dee! Tigilan mo nga ako. I happen to hate that guy’s guts! He’s a complete moron! He’s the one who kissed me in the bar last night without my permission!

She’s fuming with anger.

KIM: Oh my Gosh! Sya yon?!!!!

Kim howled which earned her another ‘Silence Please’ phrase from the librarian. Some students who are absorbed with what they are reading lifted their chin and threw dagger looks at Kim. Shamed, Kim covered her face with a book.

MIKAY: Di pa ako tapos sa lalaking yan. I want to give him more than a slap.

Mikay flashed a wicked grin.

MIKAY: I have a plan.

She whispered something in Kim’s ear and walked towards the freaking stranger who kissed her.

Kim approached their target.

KIM: Hi! Alam mob a kung saan banda ang psychology book?

Kim asked in a friendly manner, with all smiles. As she was doing this, Mikay crawled under the table and tied the shoelaces of their target. The laces of his right shoe were intertwined with that of the left shoe. Mikay smiled victoriously after accomplishing her mission. Barbie carefully crawled to another table and got up. She winked at Kim which is the signal to them to leave.

KIM: Ahh! I think alam ko na kung saan. Thanks!

Kim hurriedly left and joined Mikay who was carrying the stack of books.

“Hey Miss!”

The target stood up and tried to walk but fell down because of his shoelaces.

Upon seeing the downfall of the egoistic giant, Mikay and Kim stick their tongues out and ran away.

The target untied his shoelaces and ran after them. Kim and Barbie were alarmed to see the target running after them so they were forced to run faster but due to the stack of books Mikay was carrying they had to stop once in a while. Exhausted, Mikay slipped and fell when she encountered a rock along the way. The books came falling down from the sky.

“Hey!”

The target called their attention.

Afraid that he might retaliate because of what they did in the library, Mikay threw the books at him.

MIKAY: You deserved it Mister! You were very rude last night! You don’t kiss an innocent stranger and moreover you should never ever insult me by inviting me to sleep with you. You pervert!

She threw more books before she stood up. Her chin lifted up, she banged the book in his head, giving him a terrible headache.

Holding his head which is still spinning because of the impact of the book and his head, the target raised his voice.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. I swear!”

MIKAY: Oh come on Mister! Don’t pretend to be innocent anymore! You know what you did and you should be ashamed of it!

Mikay argued, raising her voice as well.

“I’m sorry but I honestly think that you got the wrong person. I don’t mean any harm. I just chased after you because of this.”

Their target who is now a ‘victim’ of their evil plan took out a wallet from his pocket.

“You dropped this under the table. Here!”

 The ‘victim’ extended his hand and offered Mikay’s wallet.

Mikay would want to be invisible at that very moment. She wanted to evaporate from the face of the earth! She’s so embarrassed! Her cheeks reddened because of shame. She got the wrong person and he had no intention of hurting her and Kim. The poor guy just wanted to return her wallet. How did she go wrong? The guy at the bar exactly looks like him. Unfortunately or rather fortunately, he isn’t the same guy. Whew! She hastily took her wallet and murmured a soft thank you before leaving. They are a few feet away from their ‘victim’ who was sitting on the sidewalk because of his terrible headache when they turned back, heads bowed and talking silent steps so as not to disturb the ‘victim’. They bent down and picked up the books scattered on the floor. Kim accidentally dropped a book, producing a loud bang. The ‘victim’s gaze turned to them. His eyes are like that of a dagger, sharp and piercing. It seems that he’s planning to retaliate! Oh no! They are in danger! Hearts racing fast, they run to their dormitory not minding the weight of the book they are carrying.

---

PS:

PLEASE GIVE YOUR COMMENT and SUGGESTIONS .