Declaring Him as Her Mate!

Recap: Her males shoot each other a wry glance before settling down, making sure to sit so they can keep an eye on their female and her new prospective mate.

Winston's striking silver eyes look up to meet her own as she takes a seat next to him. His gaze contains surprise, confusion, and joy as the beautiful female takes the initiative to approach him.

"Hey, sorry if I'm imposing, but I figured you could use some company, and some food!" She gestures to the meat in her hands, "But please, just tell me if you want me to leave and I'll do so right awa-" Winston cuts her off.

"No, please, your presence is one I welcome." He remarks with a small but genuine smile.

A smile also appears on Mei's face as her company is accepted, and she quickly strikes up conversation with Winston.

"You rescued females from that many scorpion beast-men?" Mei asks, awe filling her eyes as Winston explains how his group rescued the females they were currently transporting to the city.

Winston nods, "although their beast forms' pincers and stingers are powerful, their weak eyesight ended up being their downfall."

The two continue speaking as the sky truly becomes dark, and nothing but the fire by their feet and the moon in the sky illuminates the camp. Winston is surprised when Mei offers him the meat she roasted, but he quickly recovers and thanks her, later complimenting her skill in roasting meat. Throughout evening, the pair have also clearly become more comfortable with each other, their foreheads nearly touching as they lean in to converse. Moments arise where their skin brushed the others, but neither leans away.

Eventually, the moment is broken as Winston suggests heading to bed for the night. Mei waves to him as she walks away from the dying campfire, heading back towards her males and the impromptu shelter they've set up to rest in for the night.

She spends the night in Milo's and his silk hammock's embrace, Curtis' arm curling protectively around her waist as he lays on her other side.

Days pass as the group travels together, the males quickly becoming less wary of Curtis and Milo, but clearly not accepting them like they do with each other. Mei and Winston continue to talk together, her bright personality bringing the tiger out of his shell little by little.

Eventually, as the group spots the city gates in the distance, and Winston turns towards Mei and her mates.

"I think everyone in my group now believes what Mei said upon our first meeting, thank you for putting up with my request," Winston says with a bow of his head.

Curtis simply nods in response, but that seems to be enough for Winston as he reciprocates the action and raises his head.

"Mei, although I now have to split off from you and your males, I hope to reconverge with you three soon, and to spend more time with you," Winston says this, eyes only on her as he ignores the whispers and even bursts of laughter from some of the less restrained members of his group.

"I hope so too!!" Mei says with a bright smile, "I'll definitely see you later, Winston," and with that, Mei, Curtis, and Milo travel the short distance it takes to reach the gate, and finally enter the Beast City.

The trio eventually find a place to stay during their visit to the Beast City. Curtis and Milo quickly taking advantage of having privacy once again to spend an intimate night with their female, reminding her that she's theirs.

In the morning, the group is wandering around the city when Mei suddenly spots a familiar face, well, semi-familiar.

"Is that Bai QingQing? I mean, she's riding on a leopard which has to be Parker, but what's she doing here?" Mei asks.