A Ballad Of Bowl And Mug

(As the title is shown, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" is played on the xylophone in the background

(As the title is shown, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" is played on the xylophone in the background.)

"I don't see why I had to come," Cuphead complained, "you're the one who wanted to get some dumb books from the library."

Cuphead and Mugman were walking down a street in inkwell city.

"Maybe Elder Kettle is planning something I don't know. it is our thirteenth birthday soon. Now just wait out here, we don't want you causing another ruckus in the library."

Mugman walked into the library and left Cuphead impatiently waiting outside.

"Long time no see Cuphead," said a voice directly behind Cuphead

"Ahhh!" Cuphead exclaimed as he quickly spun around to see who he had heard, it was Bowlboy.

"Oh, hey bowlboy," Cuphead said, "whatcha doing around here."

"Oh it's nothing," he replied,"good thing you're all better, it means that you're ready for some more fuuuuun, with a boooooowl."

"Yea, that stuff you injected into me and Mugsy really worked wonders. What was it?"

"ACME Heal," Bowlboy replied, "ol' Porkums really knows his way around. Now are you ready for some fuuuuuuuuuuun!"

"Oh boy, am I! Maybe tone down the madness a bit, the devil's pottery skills aren't up to standard."

Suddenly the doors of the library swung open and Mugman walked out

"Cuphead!" Mugman yelled once he saw Cuphead talking to bowlboy," why are you consorting with the enemy!"

"Oi! Bowlboy isn't the enemy." Cuphead objected as he gestured to Bowlboy who was smiling innocently, "he healed us. Remember?"

"But he was the reason we were shattered in the first place! Come on, We're leaving"

Mugman grabbed Cuphead's handle and dragged him away from Bowlboy.

"See ya double-B" Cuphead said as he waved and was dragged away, out of sight.

***

"I still don't see why you hate bowlboy so much," Cuphead complained," your the one who got us exploded!"

"Well for one he's irresponsible, careless and simply unhinged!" Mugman replied "and second of all... I've had a bad experience with Bowlboy."

"Come on! Tell me. Tell me.Tell me.Tell me.Tell me.Tell me.Tell me.Tell me."

"Ok fine i will." Mugman relented ,"once upon a time...

***

Then the screen begins to warp and wobble and the image changes to a view of a much younger Cuphead and Mugman, walking to the grocery store with Elder Kettle.

"Remember boys," Elder Kettle said, "stay close, you don't want to get lost in the store."

(Like in the flashback from "Release The Demons" both Cuphead and Mugman as kids pronounce their Rs and Ls as Ws and their THs as Ds. I won't be writing it like this because it means I can't use spell check.)