arrival in Nigeria

:Phoenix

Finally here and I think I'm gonna love it too. The capital isn't so bad. And I just can't wait to meet the rest of the family. My family's originally from Plateau State but few of the family members lived in the capital Abuja. And they'll be here at the airport to welcome us.

After getting off the plane going through towards the exit, was just exciting for me and I didn't know about Malcolm but, he seems to be unreadable right now.

Soon enough, I could see a large cardboard paper someone was holding, having our names boldy written on it.

"Dad! Over there! I can see'em," I said even more excitingly, he smiled at me as we approached the family.

The looks on their faces were that of joy and excitement. Amongst them were two a ladies and two kids. My dad's younger sister and her children, and the other lady must be my grandma then, come to think of it she's quite young from what I was expecting. She stood tall, smiled the best and kept her hair in a bun. She only had a few strands of grey strands qon her hair which was amazing.

"Hi! Everyone!" I said waving with bright smiles.

They answered back joyfully. My aunt was the first to step forward, She hugged me tight and welcomed me.

"Phoenix my dear...it's good to see you...you've grown so big when we last saw your pictures," I smiled

"Yes ma'am, I've heard much about you too," I answered,

I got hugs too from my little twin cousins, until it got to grandma's turn. I was a bit nervous on what the reaction would be like, cos my dad didn't make it look less bordering with his facial expressions right now.

So I did the next thing, by bending my knees a bit and greeting her. I was told that, that was a respected form of greeting to the erderly here.

"It's a pleasure meeting you....kaka," I said to her and she was surprised, in no time her facials brightened up and she pulled me into a hug. Kaka is a given name for grandmas used on northerners and middle beltans like us. I did a little of my own research before getting here,my mum also helped.

"My little one, welcome home... It's wonderful to see you finally and please just call me grandma..... I have really waited for this day to come," we smiled at each other and hugged.

Next on was Malcolm, everyone looked at him closely until, "Uh! Aunt Susan good to see you, I was told that we've met before," Malcolm spoke plastering a smile on his face.

My aunt held his face and complimented his physique, talking about how he'd grown so well. If only Paige and Terence could see this now.

My grandma looked at him and began her own compliments, he bowed at her making sure he gives the perfect grandson gestures.

"My grand baby boy, he's grown so well... I know you won't remember much when you were so little...I was your favorite person in the house.... Malcolm my boy...good to see you," she said to him as I tried to keep in my laughter.

Actually Malcolm knows nothing about these people, he's literally like a zombie now. I wonder how easily it could get for him forget people.

When it was my father's turn to greet everyone, they went a bit silent before the conversation continued,

"Mummy, good to see you again," he said to my grandma. She she looked at him before smiling and embracing him.

"Dany... welcome, Rebecca isn't here?" She quickly asked of my mom

"Oh no, she couldn't come with us...she had things to take care of ma," my dad explained

"Well it was quite surprising that she let you come alone with these kids...I hope she's fine?" She wondered,