-{ONE}-

[A/n: Third person POV for the whole book.]

A little boy ran out of his apartment. His name was Percy Jackson and he had just witnessed his step father murder his mum. Gabe said he would be next, so he ran. He ran until he couldn't run anymore.

He eventually sat against a tree, panting and crying over his mother. He saw some bushes move and he froze, sniffling. A girl came out of the bushes. She looked about fourteen, with silvery blue eyes and a stern face.

"What happened?" She asked, crouching about a foot away from him.

"S-step-father k-killed mumma... I-I tried to help her b-but h-he hurt my a-arm..." Percy said, showing the girl his arm, which had a gash on the side of it.

She sucked in a sharp breath at the state of it. It was very deep and was bleeding profusely. It had bits of dirt around it and looked very painful.

"H-he said that s-she and I-I were f-failures cause I w-wasn't a g-girl..." He said, sniffling again.

"Oh....Child, you are no failure because of what he said." The girl said, spitting out the word like venom. "Would you like to come with me? i can keep you safe."

Percy nodded and yawned, whimpering at the pain. The adrenalin he'd felt while running was coming down and he was feeling the effects of the gash. He sniffled and started to cry for his mother again. He eventually cried enough to make him fall asleep.

The girl picked him up and carried him to her camp. Many of the girls stared and muttered that she was carrying a male in her arms.

"My lady, if I may ask, who is that you're carrying?" Phoebe askedcuriously as Artemis cam into the Medical tent.

"This is a little boy who is just like my hunters...His mother was just killed by his step-father and he ran away into the forest when that filthy being tried to kill him." Artemis said, setting Percy on a pearly white futon.

Phoebe gasped and looked enraged. But, one look at the severely underweight child and she swallowed her anger. She began to treat the wound.

"My lady, you may need to call lord Apollo. I cannot treat this wound. It is far too deep and infected already." Phoebe said, shocked at her owns words. "He also has many other injuries."

Artemis looks both melencholy and enraged. How dare he? How dare a filthy mortal lay hands on a child? Artemis flashed to Olympus and called her brother.

"Hey, Arty, what's up?" The sun god said lightly.

"I don't have time for your games, Apollo. I need you and your best female healers at my camp." Artemis said, looking antsy.

"Woah," He said, standing up straight and looking her in the face. "What happened, 'Mis?"

"A child came into the forest beated and bleading with a massive gash on his arm." She said looking down. "Come on! He could be dying."

They flashed to the camp, Apollo leading four female healers to the camp and ushering Phoebe out of the tent.

Artemis put her hand up, silencing Phoebe when she tried to protest. The maiden goddess paced outside of the tent as her brother and his healers worked.

He stricken face and worried expression were startling to the Hunters and they watched her with their own worried expressions. After about an hour, Apollo came out looking half somber, half happy.

"What?!" Artemis said to him, ceasing her pacing to look at him with hopeless eyes. "Is he okay?"

"He is alright...Physically. He just needs some time to heal." Apollo said, looking at her hapily before turning somber.