what i had been missing

Summary: Mickey's thoughts about the first kiss.
------------
The day Ian had barged into my room asking for the gun, was the day we became more than enemies.

I had told him that day, that if he kissed me, I would rip his tongue out. I had meant it a the time.

Kisses to me meant becoming more than just "fuck-buddies" and with that came attachment. And I was not in the mood to fall in love.

The more I started to look at him, I realized how beautiful he was.

His porcelain skin that I could touch for days, the freckles that I would count when he wasn't looking, his fierce green eyes that I could stare into for hours, his soft orange hair that I would run my hands through if I could.

So goddamn beautiful.

I love him. And I wished I had the courage to say it at the time. But I couldn't. I was a Milkovich and Milkovich's weren't soft like that, let alone gay.

I would've been killed if Terry ever found out.

But everything changed one day.

"He isn't afraid to kiss me."

The jealousy bubbled up inside me. The thought of his lips on someone else's, his arms around someone other than me.

I just wanted him to be mine.

I was sitting in the van preparing to rob Ian's fucktoy wife's house. My legs were shaking but I tried to not make it obvious because my cousins were sitting all around me.

As I stepped out of the van, my breath became quicker and my hands shook harder. I was going to do it.

I wasn't going to chicken out.

As I approached the door of the house, I stopped in my tracks, pivoted on my heels and ran back to Ian.

My Ian.

And as lips met lips and nose met cheek, something changed inside me. Something just clicked; I felt complete.

That's when I realized this was what I had been missing all along.
---------------
334 words