005. home sweet home

"So this is what we're doing, huh? We're just sailing out." JJ says. "We're just gonna forget about John B? We should never have left him. We're turning back."

"No!" Cleo argues. "We all gonna get caught. What type of plan is that?"

"It's a plan to stick together, Cleo." JJ states.

"Then we are dead together." Cleo retorts.

"Well, that makes JJ's plan definite." Cordelia comments, earning glares from both of them. "I'll shut up."

"She's right. We had to leave are we'd all be zip tied in the back of a pickup." Kie says.

"And then probably held hostage for however long and after a certain amount of time, shot execution style." Cordelia adds.

"We did the right thing." Kie states.

The phone Kie has starts ringing.

"Who's that?" JJ asks.

"It's Portis." Kie says.

"Portis? That's John B. That's definitely John B." JJ rushes over and takes the phone. "Hold on." He answers the phone, putting it to his ear. "Yo! Dude! Is this you?"

"Speaker. Speaker." Kie tells him.

"Dude, put it on speaker." Cordelia nudges his arm. 

"What-- do you need us to turn around?" JJ asks.

"Speaker." Cordelia says.

"Yo, say it again. Say it again." JJ says, putting the phone on speaker.

"I said don't worry about me, okay?" John B says. "Look, it's way too hot here. You gotta get out of here." His voice goes in and out.

"We do not copy. Can you--"

"Let me talk to him." Sarah takes the phone. "John B?" She motions to the wheel and JJ gets it. "Are you okay?" She sighs in relief. "He's fine. Thank God. What happened?" She asks John B. His response comes back distorted, Cordelia not able to make out what he says. "Wait. What'd you say? John B? I-- I can't hear you. John B?"

"Kildare? When? Kildare? John B! No, no, no. John B!" She calls, but the call cut off. "Kildare. What the hell?"

"You guys think he found his father?" Cleo asks.

"He's been missing for almost a year." Pope says.

"Sarah, what do you think?" JJ asks. 

"Should we go back?" Kie asks.

"Sarah, we're sitting ducks." JJ says. "We need to make a decision. Are we turning around or are we gonna keep going?" She doesn't answer. "Sarah, come on! Sarah, we need to make a decision."

"He said go."

"Hold on, listen."

"Go."

"Sarah--"

"Go!" Sarah walks off.

"She gave you the decision, J. Go." Cordelia says.

+++

It's nighttime and they stopped to get food and gas. Pope's been distant from the others since a few hours ago, Cordelia noticing the awkward tension between him, JJ, and Kie.

Cordelia finds JJ sitting by the wheel and she walks over. She sits next to him, pulling her legs to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.

"You okay?" She asks.

"I'm not talking about my feelings." JJ tells her.

"Okay." She mumbles. "But I can talk, so..." JJ sighs. "Look, Pope... it might be kinda weird for him, but... if you and Kie wanna date, I'm sure he'd eventually be pretty okay with it."