Chapter 11: Hope in Two Bags

The Police Force cordoning the battle zone watched in horror as their eyes glued to the nightmare called the Hunter Amongst Villains. When they volunteered to join the heroes' chase, they anticipated seeing Garou's defeat and his reign of terror meeting its end with great suspense boiling in their hearts.

Instead, they witnessed a nightmare in the form of Garou triumphing the heroes with overwhelming might.

With unmatched strength, speed without rival, and skills so alien it shattered mortal understanding, Garou single-handedly defeated their betters within five minutes, even though it felt like hours for all but Garou.

The Hero Hunter devoured their hope, consuming their confidence and morale as his food and drink and converting his meal into strength to use against them.

He ate their non-lethal rounds, tranquilizers filled with chemicals capable of downing even most vigorous or lively villains regardless of their size or might, and broke their weapons with them, two of which he reserved for Snipe, breaking his pistols and almost blasting his arms off.

Snipe now laid sprawled on the roof, knocked out of commission from the pain - arms still broken and dislocated. He can no longer lend his allies support from afar.

Then, in no time, Garou crushed almost all the heroes fell in piecemeal, regardless of their rank. Even if his foes were among the top fifty, top ten or even top five, he would still crush them indiscriminately with equal ease and ruthless oppression.

The unworthy and weak shall not stand in his crusade to purify the lands of 'justice,' the lie-riddled oppression in the guise of hope.

And to add into the horror, The Hero Hunter dropped an explosive revelation. It failed to sink through their common sense, their view of the world held back their understanding of Garou's words for a brief moment.

He was Quirkless. The man who preyed on heroes like sheep held no power from birth.

Hearing it come from the same man who could catch bullets with contemptuous ease would've sounded incredulous on all accounts like words from a hallucinating lunatic.

But not to Eraserhead. He knew since his Erasure failed to nullify his might expanded his mind to the possibility.

A man, born with no Quirk, who terrorized the hero world for months without challenge was their enemy. The heroes and Police Force didn't know whether to dismiss his words as ludicrous spiel or take it with a grain of salt.

Eraserhead took his words with more considerable attention than the others.

"...you're Quirkless?" The Anti-Quirk hero broke the confounded silence.

"Is it that shocking? No Quirks, no genetic nonsense, all pure technique," Garou grinned, relishing their reactions.

If a human could perform superhuman feats with no Quirk, another conclusion came to mind.

"What are you then? Don't tell me you're human?" Gran Torino queried. A Quirkless bearing this much power cannot be human.

"Really? You're asking me that?" His smile fell into a frown, scorn replacing mockery, "If you think Quirks determine our fate, then it only strengthens my point. You're nothing but losers and clowns playing hero in this useless world."

The first glimpse of the Hero Hunter's ideals opposes their initial expectations. He fought Heroes not out of violence, disguised madness, or pontificating fanaticism, but pure antagonism against modern society's collective view of heroes in general.

His true motivations overwhelmed them because he is the first Quirkless man that stepped into the fray between Heroes and Villains.

"You..." Garou stubbed Endeavour the most. The number two Hero has spent all his life trying to surpass All Might, resorting to using his own family as his pawns.