Chapter 13

*Present day and time*

Bhairavi's eyes opened to blinding headlights and tires screeching on asphalt. 

"Stop. Please stop!" She yelled, banging her palms on the dashboard. "You have to help-"

A familiar head poked out from behind the steering wheel, "Aunty-ji! It's me, Dheera."

"Dheera!?" Bhairavi rubbed her eyes. 

I must be dreaming! 

Confirming that the man was who he proclaimed to be, she pulled his door open. "Quick. You need to help me."

The young man gave the injured woman a once-over before following her orders unquestioningly.

Bhairavi was too distracted to notice four adult monkeys detaching themselves from the two gurneys they had been pushing secretly, exchanging glances, bowing to the man in saffron, and disappearing into the forest. A fifth, smaller one, who had been stationed in the 'Authorised Personnel Only' room in case the women ran into trouble, rushed to catch up with his parents and siblings after following the woman discreetly since Anjani and her had entered the forbidden room.

With just moments to spare before the guards' arrival, the now cramped car left with its passengers. 

As soon as they were out of danger, Bhairavi called, "Son," she joined her hands to show her gratefulness, "Thank you for helping me." <----(20k mark)

"No problem." Dheera shrugged. He caught the two unconscious bodies slumped over each other, "Hope they are alright."

"I hope so too." She sighed. Then, "Remember the place you told me about?"

"Kashyapi hill?"

"Yes. Can you take me there?"

"Sure, but it's a big place; where exactly do you want me to drop you off?"

Bhairavi fished Won Sungi's notebook from her backpack and flipped the pages till she arrived at the one where a hand-drawn map showed the way to reach the location. 

Dheera pulled the car over and quickly glanced at the said map. "It's brilliantly drawn!" he stated boastfully.

He makes it sound like he has drawn it. Bhairavi rolled her eyes and bobbed her head. "Yes. So, can you take me there?"

"Absolutely." He replied with confidence.

Why do I feel like he knows exactly where I need to go? "Thank you, Beta." Bhairavi smiled as the old engine reeved and hit the road again. 

Her troubles, however, were far from over. 

"Stop the car, or we will open fire!" A man dressed in a gray uniform yelled into the speaker, hanging out from the left window of a jeep that had appeared out of nowhere and started tailing them seconds ago. 

Bhairavi watched as the young man smiled and pressed the brakes, bringing the car to almost a stop. 

"Don't do it!" Bhairavi pleaded, looking at Dheera fearfully. "Please, don't abandon us, Beta." She begged, wrapping her fingers around his forearm. "I know… I know what I am asking of you is selfish. You have nothing to do with us, but I believe Shree Ram meant for you to find us…to save us. My Ramji has sent you in his stead. Please-"

Calm eyes met petrified ones. "Well, in that case, Aunty-ji," he whispered, leaning closer, "You better fasten the seatbelt."

Realization dawned on Bhairavi shortly after, and she did as told and waited calmly for the guards to approach them.