Chapter 6: The Wind Tribe

Hak surveyed the sprawling city of Fuuga. Clusters of homes littered the streets and a massive stone wall guarded the innermost keep of the clan.

"You look like a very tight-knit community," Jaeha comments. Fuuga is unlike the port town of Awa where he used to live, which is all towering trees and glistening ocean. There the citizens had lived each day in fear of Yang Kumji, until Yona's gang freed them, that was.

"We are. Everyone knows each other there," Hak replies.

"Princess, the Wind Tribe... is already in sight," Hak revealed.

Snore.

Little Hak, Shinah thinks, immediately recognizing Taewoo from their encounter in the Sei kingdom.

Handae and Taewoo leaned against each other, sleeping. A fierce kick from Hak sent them flying.

Geuntae snickers.

Mundok only sighs. "Those brats never take patrolling seriously," he says reproachfully. "When we return I'm going to whip them into shape."

Handae and Taewoo were surprised to see Hak initially, but they soon fell back into their usual banter.

"Was the general fired? Oh well, there's always next time," Handae said casually.

"Heh, it's been so long... about ten years, right? Why're you here?" Taewoo asked.

Kyoga frowns.

Such insolence!

His father was many things but he certainly was, above all, a dignified general who demanded the respect of his people. Sure, that eventually ended up in his neck getting chopped off by those same people, but at least no one questioned their tribe's strength when he was still alive.

And after his death Kyoga continued to endorse those values of loyalism towards the tribe and the general they served, while maintaining a firm distance between him and the others from his tribe.

Kyoga certainly would have never allowed his subordinates to talk to him in that manner.

Hak rolled his eyes. "Lazy as usual. It's been three years."

"We're the Wind Tribe. We live free as the wind ~" Taewoo and Handae stretched out their hands. "Let's go to sleep."

Joodoh shakes his head. Such an attitude is why the Wind Tribe is often viewed as the weakest of the five tribes.

"Chief ~" a feminine voice called. Suddenly Hak was surrounded by members of his tribe who were all welcoming him. Women fawned over his return.

"Someone sure is popular," Geuntae says with a smirk. He misses his wife, Yunho, and how adorable she was back when they first started dating and she would get jealous of girls flocking to him.

"Hak does have a rather handsome face, especially when he's scowling," Jaeha says seriously. "Oh, that's just absolutely dashing."

"You mean like right now?" Yoon deadpans.

Jaeha turns to Hak, who is scowling at him. "Yes, like right now."

"You may be right about the Thunder Beast, but..." Geuntae's tone turns sly. "We can't say the same for Joodoh."

Joodoh jolts, not expecting himself to get pulled into the conversation.

"He has a face like a thunderstorm – it's not hard to see why he's still single," Geuntae guffaws.

Joodoh grits his teeth. He's still single of his own volition! His stinking old mentor is always trying to rile him up with his words, and he hates that Geuntae always succeeds.