Chapter 11 - What Heroes Do

"Pay attention, kids," said my father, "Think about what you would do."

I scanned the monitor, looking to see if Izuku and Uraraka had made their way in yet.

Then, low and behold, I saw them walking through a hallway.

It honestly felt like I was watching a horror movie because of how anxious I was.

Suddenly, Bakugo appeared and lunged at the heroes, preparing to strike.

Luckily, they dodged him, with half of Izuku's mask burnt off.

I couldn't hear what they were saying, but I knew that Bakugo was threatening them.

What I could hear was the chattering of the other students, but I didn't pay much attention to them since I was too worried about Izuku.

Soon, Bakugo was about to throw a punch at Izuku.

I couldn't bare to watch him get hurt, so I covered my eyes with my hands, but I peaked out of my gloved hand.

Suddenly, Izuku had dodged it, and he swung Bakugo onto the ground.

Wait, what?

How did he...

I suddenly remembered something.

The journal he always kept...

He had always analyzed heroes and took notes on them in it.

Was he really that observant?

The feeling of euphoria had entered my heart once more.

Why...

Why did this feeling always show up whenever Izuku did something like this?

I couldn't tear my eyes away from the monitor, not even when the other students were talking.

It was all muffled out, and all of my focus was on Izuku.

That was when Bakugo started to attack again.

He and Izuku clashed into each other as Uraraka ran off.

What the hell is she doing?!

I continued to watch the commotion as they fought.

Looking back on that moment, it all felt like a blur.

I was so focused on my emotions, I could barely even comprehend what was going on.

Until Bakugo stopped and began to do something with his gauntlets.

That was when he fired a monster explosion, with it destroying the entire hallway as it neared Izuku.

Then suddenly, it happened...

Without thinking, I had subconsciously used my quirk to teleport there, and I had tackled Izuku to the ground, with me getting the most impact from the explosion.

My hero costume had been burnt off in the back, and my hair was down again, but this time in a mess.

I opened my eyes to find myself on top of him.

We were both out of breath, so it took us a moment to get back up.

"Is that..." Izuku tried to say, "Is that even allowed?!"

"I have no idea..." I replied.

Suddenly, Bakugo had emerged from the smoke.

"Hehe, these are awesome!" he said, "The more nitro sweat that's stored in these gauntlets, the stronger the explosion will be!"