Chapter 5

"I want to know about something that we forget before

"I want to know about something that we forget before. Shall I come in?"

When taehyung asked again, the man stepped aside and motioned for him to come inside the house. Seeing that, sana entered the house following taehyung.

"Mister??"

"I'm han taemin."

"Okay Mr. Han, I want to know where you were when Mrs. Han died."

"We already know about it, taehyung.." Sana whispered in taehyung's ear, but taehyung told her to be quiet.

"According to the statement I gave to the police, I was at my office at that time. There are even eyewitness accounts that I was there, sir. I didn't do such a thing to my wife, sir."

"We are questioning because the person responsible for your wife's death should be brought to justice as soon as possible."

"I'm sure it was the devil who did it, sir."

"Are you sure about that?" Taehyung asked smirking and the man became a little nervous.

"Mr. Han, I want to know what you are hiding from us." Sana and han taemin were shocked when taehyung said directly.

"Please sir.. trust me... I didn't kill my wife... please trust me officer." The man begged taehyung as well as sana.

"I know, you didn't kill her. But you have an idea about the person who killed her. Am I right?" Taehyung asked, the man looked at him with wide eyes.

"Mrs. Han had an affair, didn't she?"

"S-sir.. please sir, I'm sorry.. I hid about it thinking that our child would have to suffer and feel uncomfortable because of this. I'm sorry, sir."

"Okay, it doesn't matter now. Who is that man? Tell me the details."

"Sir, that guy was yuri's boyfriend when she was in college. But she married me because of her family. After that, the relationship between her and that guy stopped. We also had our baby after a while. After that, we lived happily. But since about a year ago, yuri suddenly started to change. She didn't tell me anything about it, no matter how much I asked about it. Then one day I happened to see yuri coming out of a hotel with another man. That day I came home drunk. I, who never laid a hand on her, hit her that day. Then she cried and explained everything to me. That guy is bothering yuri to come to him. She told me that he threatened to kill me if she didn't come with him. So she did all that for fear of something happening to me. But I am a big sinner sir. I didn't trust yuri then. After that, there were frequent fights between us. It was only yesterday that I understood all that.. but then I was too late." Sana's eyes widened as taemin confessed everything. Sana once again felt that taehyung was really very talented. She also felt sorry for taemin and the dead woman. But taehyung was looking at it all with an unchanged face.

"May I have a look in Mrs. Han's room?" Taehyung asked, taemin got up and took them to a room. Taehyung looked around carefully for a while and went to the cupboard and pulled out the drawer. But he didn't get what he expected. So he looked around the room again and went to the bed and pulled up the mattress. Seeing a diary with a red cover under the mattress, taehyung picked it up and flipped through it. A small smirk appeared on his face, and a photo rested between taehyung's fingers. Even taemin was looking at taehyung in surprise.